I'm an exclusively breast feeding mom..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I'm an exclusively breast feeding mom..

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 20 May 2013, 11:47

Norrij,
Thank you so much! This was the exact encouragement I needed today. We're giving the fissure another month or two and then going ahead with the baby plans. A lot of women have mentioned that their CRS's aren't excited about doing the surgery for them because they want to have kids.
I know for me the best natural remedy has been keeping the stools soft. I just started using a combination of metamucil and miralax. It seems to help as the fissure doesn't hurt at all if I can keep the stools soft enough. It still burns a little though.
I also really like coconut oil. Especially if I pop it in the fridge for about 15 minuets to get it semi-solid and cool. That way it's easier to slide some inside the area. (I can't believe I'm talking about this haha but anything for healing right?!)
I also recently bought some aloe, but it was burning a little so I switched back to the coconut oil.
Keep away from witch hazel! My original Dr thought it was a hemmrhoid (sp?) and not a fissure, she never examined it, and said to use witch hazel. Which I applied in copious amounts. Needless to say it took 2 months to get a referral to a CRS and he basically said witch hazel is the exact opposite of what a fissure needs.
Hope this helps! And I TRULY hope you're doing better every day. Good luck with baby #2!!!!
Deleted User 2651