trouble wipping clean.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

trouble wipping clean.

Postby SeanVK1 » 21 May 2013, 19:36

After a bowl movement I will wipe clean using a wet wipe. Sometimes it takes several wipes to get clean. Then ten minuets later I will be messy again like I never wiped at all. Is this fissure related? Has anyone ells had this problem?
SeanVK1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: trouble wipping clean.

Postby suzyljank » 21 May 2013, 21:51

Hi yes especially if you have skin tags. When they get sswollen they are hard to clean and as the swelling goes down you'll find what you missed the first time. It's a lot easier if you have a hand held shower and can clean that way. A sitz bath would work too. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Guest » 22 May 2013, 06:22

Sitz bath helps to clean the area very well.
Yes, as mentioned above, using a hand held shower is by far the best, and the most convenient method to clean. (my husband never allowed me to do that :-( )
If not, dab (avoid wiping) yourself with wet toilet paper (wet the paper under a warm water stream) after a BM. This advice came as a blessing from a Nurse Practitioner during my surgery. When you place that warm toilet paper in that area, you will find instant relief with the pain too. And do it only twice. Don't worry if you are not clean coz sitz will help to get rid of the gunk.
Now turn the faucet ON and fill the tub for a sitz bath. Adjust the heat. While the faucet is is still running, try sitting and relaxing. You will know that you are relaxed, when you would start peeing a little. (sorry I sound gross here, but had to mention this just to give you an idea if you are doing it right). Ok, remember... the faucet is ON.... so the force and movement of the water will clean the area without you touching it. You may turn off the faucet when your butt seems fully soaked. You will see all the gunk loosening and floating (fiber particles hahahha). Now drain that water. Fill it with another batch of fresh water and sit for a total of 15 minutes. For better results, you may use epsom salt (very little), during the last 10 minutes of sitz bathing.
I used Epsom for three reasons. 1) to relax the pelvic floor (doctor's advice) 2) to relax sphincter muscles since it has magnesium (doctor's advice) 3) to avoid any infection especially Urinary Tract Infection (friend's advice). Remember to wash this salt off once you are done as salt tends to dry the skin. Epsom will prevent itching or burning too. However, itching or burning will come back later during the day sometimes due to perspiration, or food acid coming in contact with the wound or for any other reasons unknown. You may use the dab trick again and that should clean the area and further give you some relief.
Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2013, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ever the Optimist » 22 May 2013, 14:44

Just to add I also had (and sometimes) still have this irritating little issue!
I have a couple of internal hemmies, one right next to the the delicate fissure area (fissure now healed) but when these hems are particularly aggravated, they also trap debris and I find myself with the same issue - having to go back and reclean....
The shower head is the best tip you can possibly have as this does a very thorough clean-up after a BM.
When the hems are behaving, I find I don't get this at all! ...
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 22 May 2013, 18:08

Sadly this happen, I hate when I feel that I am not clean enough.
My skin tag is large so is hard to get a good clean in one wipe or two, plus manipulating the tag makes the area a bit sore for me.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 22 May 2013, 21:52

I feel ya! A sitz bath and handheld shower head work wonders. Nowadays, I envy the Europeans their bidets... :p
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11