God Help Me - I Have Another Fissure.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: God Help Me - I Have Another Fissure.

Postby splinterboy1984 » 04 Jun 2013, 16:45

Hi crimeof passion,
I am in the same situation as you, just got 2 new fissures after successfully fighting off a 2 year old fissure. Very sad and depressed dont want to go through the whole process again, but please dont lose hope. the body is has a amazing way of healing itself and feeling down also hinders healing. Lets pray to god that we heal faster this time. good luck
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby jr2 » 04 Jun 2013, 18:18

So sorry to hear about your disappointing visit. I can only say what I would do. To me, it makes no sense to just wait fissures out, most especially when you are a patient who has a history of chronic problems in the past. Research shows that the sooner a topical like nitroglycerin or nifedipine or diltiazem is started the greater the chance to prevent a fissure becoming chronic. You're already making the modifications at home that you are able to with Miralax, etc., and there is no reason not to start on a topical sooner rather than later. Even if it turns out your fissure is healing nicely right now, why risk it? You've got enough experience to know that already. While fissures heal the area is still vulnerable to re-tears. I would want to be doing everything possible to stack the odds in my favor from the very beginning. If you can get a prescription out of her by phone so you can start on it soon, great. But it does sound like another opinion from someone else is worth your time and effort.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby crimeofpassion » 04 Jun 2013, 20:10

Crud. This stinks. I'm sure the other CRS won't have an opening for a number of weeks.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2013, 08:32

you can order rotogestic from austrailia, i actually ordered it (cost me $45 just for shipping) but havent used it. I will first go to crs and ask for his advice. It will probally end up sitting there on my shelf.

Postby crimeofpassion » 05 Jun 2013, 17:08

Well, I made an appointment to see a different CRS I've never been to before for Monday morning.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby splinterboy1984 » 05 Jun 2013, 17:19

good luck @crimeofpassion, i got my first crs appointment to get me some nitro. wish me luck. dont have insurance so i hope he dosent just ignore me.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 05 Jun 2013, 21:16

crimeofpassion oh dear, so sorry you are having problems with a new fissure.
I hope your appointment goes well and you get some good news.
Perhaps this time the fissure will heal faster and remember to keep the area lubricated before the BM to avoid too much irritation after.
I wish I have better words to make feel better I can only imagine how devastating this is for you, I can read the panic in your posts.
You need to relax and calm down so it doesn't bring stress to you that can affect your BMs.
Take care hon and I wish you the best. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby crimeofpassion » 06 Jun 2013, 17:21

Pain is worse today. My CRS didn't do an internal exam, but she wasn't very gentle. I wonder if that's why...
I have a somewhat deep feeling ache, just went to the bathroom and experienced a fair amount of burning. And before, when I was having much looser bowel movements, I still had very little burning/pain.
Ugh. What the heck...
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 06 Jun 2013, 20:05

crimeofpassion, did the CRS gave you any cream to help with the fissure healing? and what was her diagnosis.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby crimeofpassion » 06 Jun 2013, 20:28

Her diagnosis was that I "might" have a fissure. Not that I do have one or that I don't, just a maybe. She gave me steroid suppositories before I saw her (I had called the office to ask for some nitro ointment until I got in to see her, since I wanted to treat this aggressively ASAP given my previous fissure, and she refused). I had seen her a few years ago after my LIS went poorly and pain/burning persisted months upon months afterward, and she gave me nitro then. I'm not going to risk trying a suppository again, given how sore I suddenly am. I had previously used some Prep H ones (since the steroid suppositories refuse to melt) without a whole lot of discomfort. I have an appointment with a different CRS on Monday morning.
I don't know what's going on tonight, but I'm having a lot of pain all the sudden. A mix of sharp jabs and a deep ache.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist