God Help Me - I Have Another Fissure.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: God Help Me - I Have Another Fissure.

Postby crimeofpassion » 06 Jun 2013, 21:05

OW! What is going ON? I keep getting these pinching jabs of pain. I didn't do anything, though - this was the first day my stool was fairly ideal rather than overly loose! What in God's name is the matter...
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby sufferer » 07 Jun 2013, 03:00

Hi crimeofpassion, I feel for you. I logged in to the forum today because after fighting a fissure for 1 year and getting close to 80% healing following a rigorous routine, I suddenly had a relapse (what feels like 2 new fissures, didn't even bother going to the doc this time). No change in diet or anything else. In fact the last entire month went so smooth, I almost forgot I had a fissure. And then just one fine day all of a sudden I go back 12 months! Can you believe this? I logged in today just to vent my frustration and share my sorrow with all the nice folks here who I know are always there to understand and support. And then I saw your post! Same story...Wish I had words to comfort you...I'm miserable myself :(
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby crimeofpassion » 07 Jun 2013, 06:01

I'm really sorry to hear that, sufferer. Have you considered LIS?
I'm a little nervous about how the burning pain while I'm going to the bathroom has increased, but the blood seems to have stopped. At least, I haven't noticed any blood in the past week... Initially I thought that was a sign of healing, but now with the pain.... And I remembered a lack of bleeding could be because the muscles down there are too tight to get adequate blood flow.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Beeanc » 07 Jun 2013, 08:10

U should really consider getting Rectogesic from Australia. It's the best stuff and although I get an instant throbbing headache it's nothing compared to the agony I go through when holding on whilst passing a stool because I simply can't handle the pain. Rectogesic is nitro so it stops the spasm and heals the fissure. I'm a culprit of not sticking to things I might take my osmo lax which is like mirolax so when I dnt I pay the price when passing a stool. I dread it every day and I don't want to have LIS. I just want natural remedies. Good luck sounds like ur good at sticking to things keep at it, just don't forget to eat a proper meal
Beeanc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 07 Jun 2013, 13:30

crimeofpassion wrote:OW! What is going ON? I keep getting these pinching jabs of pain. I didn't do anything, though - this was the first day my stool was fairly ideal rather than overly loose! What in God's name is the matter...

They are spams, my friend, I used to have them just like that painful, jabs of pain even when the BMs were not bad. Got to get that sphincter relax, need to get that cream in there.
You may be getting stress and that make things worst, anxiety did that to me.
This the time that I was living on painkillers just to be able to sleep, I also learned how to do pelvic floor exercises to relax the muscle, I will just let go of the sphincter just like you do when doing pelvic exercises.
Once I learned how to do it, it gave relief form pain and was able to sleep again, occurs until the next BM and it was all over again.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby crimeofpassion » 07 Jun 2013, 17:59

If it was a spasm, though, wouldn't I feel the muscle actually spasming instead of just the weird jabs of pain?
At the moment I have no cream to help with spasms. I notice that my pain is usually an ache. It's sore... When I go to the bathroom, I feel burning, not a sharp glass sensation. Is more of an ache type pain (both while going to the bathroom and sitting/standing/whatever) normal?
My sister said she got a fissure and within a few DAYS of taking Miralax the pain went away. Image I’ve seen some websites saying fissures do heal within a few days or 1-2 weeks (although full healing can take 4-6 weeks, and it may be easier to retear for even longer than that). It’s been 17 days for me. Should I be worried? If my LIS surgery had gone ideally back in 2010, I guess I would have thought I’d be feeling much better by now.

I’m just agonizing over whether I’ll need surgery again. My whole summer is going to be ruined if things are as bad this time with the incision/scar tissue pain as they were last time. The pain lasted for at least a whole year. So it’ll be more than my summer that’s affected…
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby crimeofpassion » 10 Jun 2013, 07:56

Went to a second CRS today. Was surprised (and not pleased) with the fact that he did a fairly invasive exam. Used a q-tip on me (to put on some numbing stuff that didn't seem to do anything), then part of his finger, and then some sort of a tiny camera. I thought they usually avoid anything invasive when there’s a fissure present (especially if the patient keeps saying “ow!”). It seems to me that anything that causes pain can't be good for the fissure. It wasn't intolerable - they didn't use one of those fair-sized scopes on me, but it hurt. I was having a very good, practically pain-free morning, and now I’m sore and getting little nips of pain. But at least I got a prescription for nitroglycerin, I suppose. Hoping to pick it up tonight.
I told him the fissure had been present for 3 weeks now. He said it looked acute rather than chronic, and that it appeared to be healing. I don’t know to what EXTENT it was healing. Clearly it was still visible. He said he doesn’t consider a fissure chronic until it’s been present for 8 weeks. He didn't say anything about my muscle tone, come to think of it...
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby marg6043 » 10 Jun 2013, 15:54

crimeofpassion, so sorry that the invasive examination flare up your discomfort. At least you know that it can heal with the cream and some tender care, I hope it heals fast so you don't have to worry about pain.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby crimeofpassion » 10 Jun 2013, 18:01

marg6043 wrote:crimeofpassion, so sorry that the invasive examination flare up your discomfort. At least you know that it can heal with the cream and some tender care, I hope it heals fast so you don't have to worry about pain.

Well, despite the exam I just went to the bathroom for the second time today and ZERO PAIN! Zero burning! Talk about bizarre.
I'll be getting my nitro tomorrow.
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fernie1 » 12 Jun 2013, 08:26

Hope you heal with the nitro..it took you quite an ordeal to get it so I hope you find much needed relief and that you heal very soon! Feel better!
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3