I'm chronic, at the end of my rope

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I'm chronic, at the end of my rope

Postby 3 years now » 13 Jun 2013, 08:10

this evil, will it ever stop. I got my fissure 4 1/2 years ago, I am still battling. Its worse now than I can remember, just passing a bit of gas feels like glass shards. I think its all related to stress, my life is crumbling in many areas and as it gets worse, so does my fissure.
I am back on the nitro cream, its not helping one bit, but its only been a week. I have a referral to another CRS, whew, I am lucky, only 9 weeks to wait before I get in to see him!!!
Sorry for the negativity, I want a cure, a cure for all of us who suffer with this. I have tried every cream, potion, herb known to man, and just when I think I am healed, back it comes.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: I'm chronic, at the end of my rope

Postby saintkilledher » 13 Jun 2013, 08:19

u poor thing...really think you might have to access youre life to get rid/lessen the stress..put youre health and youre self first if you are not doing that..stress really messes with the immune system and they ability to heal...have you looked into food intolerences?
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 13 Jun 2013, 09:53

I'm so sorry. I completely agree about wanting a cure. I don't understand how medicine is making so many advances but for fissures there is literally no cure. Where's the cream that heals the wound? 
We all have completely negative days so don't worry about ranting. I know I've had days like that. Just know there's a lot of us here for you. I'm hoping that your CRS appointment goes well. Sometimes I call in the mornings to see if there have been any cancellations... this can sometimes get me an earlier appointment. I hate being that person but when you're passing glass and bleeding out your bum I think you deserve a break. Wishing you all the best!
Deleted User 2651

Postby Savaici » 13 Jun 2013, 11:05

I know the days well too Image   when the pain is so bad. I don't think I have a fissure any more, or not anything like the early days when I first came on here, but I have near constant pressure in the rectum, and nearly always pass blood. This morning blood clots too. Stress last night...
I do think that getting upset about things can make it worse. I have a lot of things going on in my life too (husband out of work, I cannot get free medical care, etc). Very irritating situation that I have never had in my life before. Take nothing for granted is my new mantra.
Really wish the best for you, 3 years now. I am about to try probiotics as my next step...and maybe get Manuka honey (to eat Image)
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby splinterboy1984 » 13 Jun 2013, 19:06

@[color=#07771a][b][color=#000000]Savaici, have you had LIS?[/color][/color][/b]
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby splinterboy1984 » 13 Jun 2013, 19:07

@3yearsnow, hang in there buddy just try to reduce stress in your life, i am doing the same and i think thats the key to manage these suckers.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Postby 3 years now » 14 Jun 2013, 07:14

thanks all -I am going to start trying some new things, not sure what they are yet, I will let you know what I try and what the results are.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Postby mayiahsmom » 14 Jun 2013, 19:07

Totally understand...I've had mine since 2009....it gets better and then gets worse....every time I poop I bleed and am sore...I understand how you feel....
mayiahsmom
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 14 Jun 2013, 21:09

3 years now, soo sorry to hear of your painful fissure, but 4 years is a long time dealing with this painful problem I congratulate you for been so strong and not going out of your mind.
I am surprised that you have not opted for surgery yet.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby 3 years now » 15 Jun 2013, 07:58

the first CRS I saw, said surgery may help in the short term, but there is a good chance the problem would re-occur....so I opted for NO. That was 3 years ago.
Maybe the doctor was wrong, based on the research I have done, many people who have the surgery, still have the problem.....
3 years now
Salt Bather