Things do not last forever in the fissure world

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Things do not last forever in the fissure world

Postby marg6043 » 15 Jun 2013, 16:14

After receiving my great news of healed fissure after one year, today was like any other day, work in the yard eat a salad and then went to the bathroom.
My stool was fine soft no problem I did feel a small pull on the opposite side of where my last fissure was located and when I wiped it was a lot of blood on the web wipe, I wiped again and more blood, third wipe was not more blood,  looked at the toilet and it was blood also.
I feel no pain, no discomfort and as I touched the area nothing was bothering.
I am concern no worry, as I know that fissures tend to re open or new ones form.
I immediately got the nitro cream that I still have and even when I know it will give me some side effects I am going to take my chances and use it until I start to feel the side effects to make sure that if is new fissure I am one step ahead of it.
As long as it doesn't give me any problems so far so good, let see tomorrow. I guess things are not what we expect sometimes.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Things do not last forever in the fissure world

Postby Ever the Optimist » 15 Jun 2013, 16:27

Marg,
Sorry to read this - it must have scared you a little, although the fact no blood, no pain can only indicate you are OK and I'm sure (hope) you probably haven't retorn.
Bleeding is a strange thing because I never bled with my fissure at all and it's not always something to worry about too much unless you get all that pain and it's persistant.
I remember on a couple of ocassions (pre-fissure) seeing blood in my stools/ on the toilet paper and panicking. I remember my mum taking me to the GP once and they were not in the least concerned unless it continued or if it became painful, so keep up that great attitude and stay strong!!........
Even once a fissure has healed, you're still prone to the odd twinge down there or bleeding, so hoping tomorrow you'll wake up and feel as normal.
If you have an internal hem, this could also cause bleeding? Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 15 Jun 2013, 17:21

I do have a small internal hem that the doctor diagnosed after my colonoscopy, but because my problem was the fissure I wonder it internal hems do hurt.
Still I am not worry about the blood because I used to bleed with the fissure all the time and it was a lot, but not for long and on and off.
So far is been a few hours and no discomfort of any kind, so perhaps it will go away.
I guess when it comes to fissure we can never let the guard down.
I am glad that while I was elated about having the fissure healed I was still of skeptical, after all having problems for so long it kind of becomes part of our lives.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Jun 2013, 06:45

Hi Marg,
Sorry to hear that this has happened. It could be the Hems bleeding and not the Fissure. I agree with ETO, maybe because there isn't pain it will all be okay.I have only bled once or twice very minimal with my Fissures, but i know the hems gave me a lot of blood. Keep up your fighting spirit, i hope and pray you will be okay.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 08:09

Rachael 1984, thanks, Today is been good, no blood so far and an easy BM, I am still wondering what in the world happen, perhaps it is my small hem giving me some problems, perhaps the internal examination on my last visit to the CRS last week cause my hem to get irritated.
Still not pain or discomfort, so that is a good thing.
I guess when you suffer from fissures for long everything will raise a red flag.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby ravians » 16 Jun 2013, 13:57

gud to hear gud news that ur next day is normal. but yea not doubt it's strange. ETO may b right about off n on activity of fissure or it may b hem. any way take care n wish u gud luck.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 18:49

ravians I believe it has to do with the hem, as I no feeling any discomfort. Hopefully everything is ok, I will keep posting on my diary.
Thanks for the good wishes ravians.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 16 Jun 2013, 20:15

Hi Marg6043, 
Just wanted you to know that I understand about the wondering of what tomorrow is going to look like. I'm wishing and hoping for the best for you :) Hopefully it will all work out for the best!
Deleted User 2651

Postby marg6043 » 16 Jun 2013, 20:37

KeepingTheHope, when you suffer with fissures, we have to live one day at a time, that is how things are, but we can never allow life to pass us by, fissures, hems and any other problems we have to deal with can never take away the best of us.
Thanks.
marg6043
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 16 Jun 2013, 21:05

I absolutely agree :) Thanks for the inspiration!
Deleted User 2651