Is this a retear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is this a retear?

Postby MONI07 » 04 Jul 2013, 17:24

The dr told me I had a small tear about 6 weeks ago when I started having small amounts of blood after a BM on the toilet paper. (she couldn't actually see anything but she said judging from the amount of blood it would probably only be small and bleeds becasue it stretches) anyway it bled for about 10 days and then stopped, and then 2 weeks later i had a tiny bit more blood then nothing for about 3/4 weeks now. Anyway this morning after a not hard but was very large BM I had some more mucousy blood on the paper, it was only faint red but still there. I was just starting to relax after not seeing blood for so long that I thought that everything was going well. ( I suffer severe anxiety) and now I'm absolutely panicking, do i need to rush to hospital? or the dr? or is this possibly a retear and nothing to worry about.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Is this a retear?

Postby bgd » 05 Jul 2013, 04:30

It doesn't sound serious, especially that you didn't mention pain. But have it looked at, just don't panic.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby MONI07 » 05 Jul 2013, 07:35

It did hurt slightly at the start of the BM which was a bit hard and had to push a bit to get it going which is when I felt the pain. Otherwise it's not to painful until the end of the day when it is very itchy and a bit sore which i'm guessing is from rubbing when I walk etc.. after a sleep it seems a lot better.
MONI07
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2013, 09:10

Yeah MONI07
It may just be a re-tear since your large bm and straining could have easily re-torn it. Keep the straining and hard-large bm's in check and you should be ok.
Next few Bm's if you feel a hard one try the butt cheek squeeze technique in my other post or you could get up and put some vaseline down there to help out the bm.
Good you have a doc to help, so continue to refer to her. But off and on bleeding I would also get a lot when I was healing. Try not to stress too much cause this too can affect your stools.
HTH GL