Effect of Rectogesic (Nitro)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Effect of Rectogesic (Nitro)

Postby blackecho » 09 Jul 2013, 16:05

Hi All........I am relatively new to this AF thing. Had it for about 5 weeks. The first week was not too bad just slightly uncomfortable when having a BM with no blood. Then one day....bang painful BM with blood. Since then had trouble with bad constipation and painful forced BM but with very little blood. My fantastic GP examined and saw a small tear. He prescribed a stool softener and laxative but this didn't seem to work. Had a very painful BM again with no blood. He examined again but said the small one he originally had seen seemed to heal but the anal canal was red and a bit sore looking................
Anyway told me to use Rectogesic....and I have been drinking more water than sank the Titanic.... now to my question.....
I finally had a "productive" BM this morning. The thing is ..... I didn't really have the urge to do it ...just felt it sitting there if you know what I mean.....I sat down gave a slight push even though I know that's not good.....but It seemed like the sphincter needed a bit of help....as it passed there was a very very slight sting but I didn't really feel anything come through the sphincter..and I didn't think there was much ......when I looked ...I was very happy to see it was very productive..............after about 4 days of nothing.
Is "not feeling" it come through the sphincter................an effect of the Rectogesic.........I mean is that normal>...I am thinking
it must be doing its job and relaxing the sphincter. basically feels like it isn't snapping shut lol......(took quite a bit of dabbing to clean afterwards too..):D 
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Effect of Rectogesic (Nitro)

Postby Please go-away! » 09 Jul 2013, 17:46

Hi blackecho, you will find so much useful info and help on this site, any hew it sounds like you , by your description, a plug that finally unplugged itself. Your butt is raw and sore, and will take a little while to calm down/sooth.
Now that you have emptied your self,Its like starting over for your colon, remember we have a lot of intestine in us, and we have to re balance it again.
So start reading up on soluble and insoluble fibre, there are many post's/topics about it on this amazing site.It took me a whil to feel half normal again, and I'm healing slowly but surely, and you will too.Image 
Stay tuned because you will get even more help. don"t give up.:) 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2013, 19:57

"..........Is "not feeling" it come through the sphincter................an effect of the Rectogesic........"
Yes.  Seems like the cream is doing a good job already.  :D.  
"....after about 4 days of nothing".
Your body lacks fibre.  Try counting your daily fibre intake...You would be surprised.  The target is at least 38 grams but should not exceed 45 grams for men.
...He prescribed a stool softener and laxative but this didn't seem to work...
Miralax, or any such stool softener, will work well only when you meet the fibre requirement.
Happy healing !
Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2013, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fiber for men

Postby blackecho » 09 Jul 2013, 23:17

Thanks so much........you are absolute legends ...:D :D 
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3