If You're Getting Better, Should You even bother w/ Tests

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

If You're Getting Better, Should You even bother w/ Tests

Postby bobasTic3 » 19 Jul 2013, 10:55

I'm getting better in my whole thing. finally.
much less pain. better bowel movements(i was feeling various weird things since 2 weeks ago and i could't poop well/normally).
I have an appointment for august for an Appointment which can lead to a Sigmoscopy. But i wonder if i have to have one.
First I'm afriad it my hurt and hurt me(scratch me or something), even though i've been feeling better currently. And it's just a step backwards.
So yeah, i'm not sure. Although i've been having pains in my rectum for quite a bit of time.
But should i get it checked with the Sigscoscopy or if i feel better now, shouldn't i just wait till i'm older?
I'm in my 30s now.
Anyways, the whole reason i kinda don't want to do the siscoscopy is cause just recently i got better from my painful and aweful situation that gave me pain and bowel movement problems and if they do they sigmoscopy thing, then i fear
they might mess me up again and then i'll have those same symptoms again.
I dont know.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: If You're Getting Better, Should You even bother w/ Tests

Postby bobasTic3 » 19 Jul 2013, 11:26

oh also i wanna say i still have pains like sudden cramps. So i'm not totally healed and i might have something to be checked.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Please go-away! » 19 Jul 2013, 12:46

Hay bob I had a Colonoscopy, months ago, there was no pain or discomfort when I had to drink the solution to empty my bowels.
But if there is something serious going on, then you should have it checked, and it could be nothing.
But in the meanwhile, we are here for you, I have not had any surgery, just the cream/ointment, time and the diet. I have IBS and Divertic, as we all have issues..I'm sure some one will talk to you further about your concerns.
Please stay tuned..:) 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 Jul 2013, 16:57

Bobas,
I would just do it, because if anything, it will give you an idea of hopefully how well you are healing and sometimes that is the biggest boost - just to get renewed determination and confidence in beating the horrible thing.
As Please also quite rightfully points out - if there are further issues you must get them sorted out too.
I've not had a Colonoscopy but I have had a few other examinations & surgeries, and it was all for the best in the long-run. Aside from some temporary hems (!) I had no other side-effects.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 19 Jul 2013, 19:23

If you are having a sigmoidoscopy, I would go ahead with it. I had it done last year at Massachusetts General, under Conscious Sedation. For 'clearing out' before hand I used Fleet Naturals, which is a much less severe enema than most. I ordered them through Amazon. If I remember correctly, I used four of them and they were both gentle and cleaned well...
I also was very careful not to overdo food for a few days before, and drank lots of water, up until the time that I was told not to drink any more, about two hours before the sedation. All they saw when I had it done were internal hemorrhoids and a few diverticula... I felt a little out of it afterwards, but they were incredibly gentle and I only felt slight pressure during the sigmoidoscopy, and had a bit of gas afterwards.
I had to have someone collect me afterwards as you cannot drive.
A sigmoidoscopy, by the way, is a narrow tube with a small camera, and with it the doctor examines the rectum and the lower portion of the colon. It is not invasive and does not take long.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby marg6043 » 19 Jul 2013, 20:46

bobasTic3, I agree with the majority here that said you should go ahead and have the examination, I had a colonoscopy last year and it was no a bad experience once you get over the cleansing.
This will help your doctor find out what could be causing you problems, fissures tend to get better and come back again worst, so is better if you find out what is going on.
I wish you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8