pillow/ring ?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

pillow/ring ?

Postby blues » 22 Jul 2013, 15:05

would like to hear from ppl that have had this. I know "going" after will be painful but other then that idk what is to come. Should I go get a pillow ring to sit on ? I have 2 oiles being romoved to. Will it hurt like it does after "going" ? will walking hurt ? because right now thats what makes it fell better..I hve to do a clean out and im scared too, cuz that means lost of "going" :( Also any food suggetions for the next few weeks ?
blues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: pillow/ring ?

Postby kkmark » 22 Jul 2013, 15:49

Hi blues
I tried donut pillow but it doesn't work I would recommend a regular soft pillow what kind of surgery did u have. Good luck with ur recovery.
Kathy
kkmark
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: pillow/ring ?

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 22 Jul 2013, 17:04

In my car I have an inflatable travel neck pillow (in a U shape) which I've blown up slightly. This raises me up off the horrible seat and means I can drive without needing to raise myself off up at every traffic light to get some relief from the pressure.
Ive been warned off the rings as these pull apart the cheeks and could aggravate the fissure so it's a case of finding what's best for you.
Don't be scared, I'm sure the people doing your procedure are fully qualified and do them over and over. They'll also put your mind at ease by talking it all through with you if you voice your concerns. It'll all be worth it in the end blues. You're likely to be on pain shortly after but then it's all plain sailing from then.
Hope or all goes well for you.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4