Healed without Surgery, 12 Weeks to a Somewhat Livable Life

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Healed without Surgery, 12 Weeks to a Somewhat Livable Life

Postby Anonymon » 24 Jul 2013, 16:20

I haven't posted in a while, but this board really saved my ass!
I got my first fissure around the end of January. Minor thing, hurt during BMs, not much concern. Spasms gradually crept in, however, until I needed to go to the doctor about it. At their horrible advice, I ate a lot of fiber and blew out my ass, tearing a new one bigger than anything I'd ever had to deal with Image.
My spasms lasted all day, and often into the night. I was completely taken out. I couldn't work for a while, I couldn't go many places or do many things, and I was afraid to both fall asleep and wake up. I lived in fear of every moment, and came to envy those that could wake up and sit down in peace.
This site was the only thing that really helped me, and for that I'll be forever thankful! I got made fun of and put down by everyone I knew, called a baby, and all manner of things which I can see the humor in on their end, but I was literally out on my ass because of my ass for months, flopping around in pain, not even able to enjoy it.
Since I was out of work and freelance many a thing, I couldn't afford surgery at the time, or medications beyond Hydrocortisone, which helped with some things but not healing. I'm pretty active and into health and fitness as part of my career, which is part of what lead to my problems, the other part being the stress of an abusive relationship.
Since establishing Perfect Poops (PP), it took me about 12 weeks to recover to the point that I didn't feel like a shell of a man Image. I still have to be careful about many things, and may never be able to handle anything like yogurt or cheese again, but I no longer think about my ass all day. I've even had some poops that would normally have been rough for me without issue in the time since. I do/did have issues with some mild leakage from what I gather is puss from some internal hems, but I'm hoping that's not permanent, is it leads to me smelling like crap down there if I don't attend to it periodically throughout the day. I also have a sentinel pile left over that's big enough to name, but I figure it can safeguard my anus should anyone try to do anything unsavory down there and lead me back to where I was for months in agony Image.
The main things that helped me were -
- Support from people that didn't call me a baby on this site. I'm a big ass manly dude that does manly things, so support was limited to detrimental in RL on that front. I wouldn't have been able to relate to something like this having such widespread spasmic effects either, so I don't fault anyone, but this site helped a lot.
- Milk of Magnesia. This really was, and is, a lifesaver to me. I had to take a lot of it, and really did give myself liquid poops for 12 weeks, as anything else tore it open again because it had gotten so bad. I took 5-6 tbsp a night, which is a lot, and experienced many a health issue dealing with the side effects of that, but it was worth it. I've since gone down to 2 tbsp a night, and even then, I think I can manage less if I wanted.
- I had to take my fiber into down dramatically, no more than 15-20 g a day. That was my biggest issue, as I was on much higher fiber before in ways that killed my ass.
- I had to lower my protein intake a lot, which lost me some muscle and pride, but it did save my ass.
- I had lots of good fats, as lowered fat intake also contributed to the harder stool issues I had initially.
- In line with the above, all manner of oils, manly olive oil. Tried Coconut Oil a few times, but usually came back to Olive, which worked just as well for me and was cheaper.
- Sitz Baths every night with Epsom Salt
- No wiping, all shower head for post BM clean up
- Lying in certain positions throughout the day to keep my organs from rubbing on it, which changes frequently as the days went on.
- Doing crunches to get the blood flow out of my sphincter when things got bad. Worked for me. Relieved the pressure.
- Not doing any heavy lifting that placed direct pressure on the area, which was hard for me since part of my income comes from it!
- Chewing way more than necessary. Really liquified things.
- I drank a lot of water already, but had even more once I was on Milk of Magnesia. A LOT of water.
- Continuing on probiotics
- Avoiding gas producing foods, since farts killed me too, and I couldn't hold them at a point
- No straining during BMs. None at all. Not even a little.
- Again, Milk of Magnesia. Life saver for me. Instantly effective, liquified the stool, no reopens when used well. I never had a problem with regularity, and if anything I'm hyper regular in ways I came to hate Image, just stool softness and bulk
Preparation H, and everything in that league never helped me, though they helped some hemorrhoid issues.
Again, this site saved me life, and I'm finally in a position to say it. Image
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: Healed without Surgery, 12 Weeks to a Somewhat Livable Life

Postby splinterboy1984 » 24 Jul 2013, 20:41

Congrats! So did you have LIS? or did you heal naturally?
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Anonymon » 24 Jul 2013, 22:47

No surgery or anything, just homeopathy and patience!
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 24 Jul 2013, 23:48

So glad to hear of your healing!  And I get it that you can only get on the site now to talk about it.  You were in the jungle working on survival.  Thanks for sharing with everyone what helped you.  If you see my posts, I have continued to battle on with natural healing ....now four months later have more manageable  pain levels, but it has been hell along the way!  It's so great there is a place like this to get support and ideas.  Most people don't have a clue (fortunately!!).  Keep on with your regimen!Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby guiness » 25 Jul 2013, 08:35

Fyi, im 16 weeks into my fissure since the day it tore bad, and im finding the same thing about the fiber: no more than 20 grams, so i have a half cup of baked beans a day. But i dont overload. Recently a study was published that advocated a lower fiber or reduced for those with ibs-constipation, hems or fissure.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Savaici » 25 Jul 2013, 12:28

Would love to see that study, if you have a link, guiness!
Most places seem to recommend the right type of fibre, but also the correct amount for your sex and weight.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby guiness » 25 Jul 2013, 12:54

I dont know how to link, i always look up studies on www.pubmed, the premier scientific paper site. I used it for grad school. The study is "stopping or reducing dietary fiber reduces constipation and its associated symptoms." Sept 7, 2012. World journal of gastroenterology. By dr. Francis seow-chen and KS Ho. Two malaysian doctors.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 25 Jul 2013, 12:57

Anonymon..Thanks for sharing your story ! I am new to this whole AF thing & feel hopeful that I can and will heal myself as well !
Keep on doing what you doing !
Deleted User 2854