Emotional Side of Anal Fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Emotional Side of Anal Fissures

Postby aimonaali » 30 Jul 2013, 12:04

Yeah. The emotional package is huge. My fissure isn't as bad as it used to be before I had LIS but just the fact that it's still there is getting me depressed. My mood seems to be almost entirely depending on how much the fissure is acting up at any given time. The wound from the operation is also still making my butt tender. And what also brings me down is the fact that since the operation I've had to go and wipe my ass again about half an hour after a BM. Also having the fissure seems to have an affect on peeing too. Harder to empty my blatter when trying not to anger the fissure by pushing too much.
All these problems make me feel like I'm trapped in a body of a 70-year-old and I'm not even thirty. Right now I'm feeling really down despite the fact that my summer vacation is starting on friday and I'm going to a trip to Barcelona with a couple of mates. I worry what the trip will do to my butt, but at the same time I kinda have this "shag it" -mentality towards the whole thing. I can't live in a constant fear of hard poo.
And also it seems I'm getting a flu. Not really looking forward to the trip...
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby aimonaali » 01 Aug 2013, 05:42

I'll continue my complaining here since I need a place to pour my frustration...
Tomorrow is the start of the trip I've been waiting whole summer. And today for the first time in a couple of months I had a really hard poo. I can't even say which parts of my anus are hurting. I definetely felt pain on the incision site, not sure about the fissure. I also feel a tender area right next to the fissure. Apparently when I first wipe the muscle is so spasmed that I can't reach to clean the whole anus but also it doesn't hurt to wipe. Half an hour later when I go and wipe again I can feel the stinging that the wet toilet paper does to my damaged ass.
I'm just feeling really down right now. I know it's gonna be hard to explain to my firends on why I'm not feeling happy on our trip, even though they know about my problems.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 01 Aug 2013, 05:51

aimonaali I am so sorry that you are having a rough day.
Are you taking a stool softener ?... that might help with the hard poo. Plus be sure to use some unscented wipes instead of toilet paper. That helped me tremendously.
I hope your day gets a little better & you are able to get excited about your upcoming trip. Just let your friends know that you are while you are thrilled to be there, you might seem a little down due to your bum issues. I am sure that they will understand.
Sweetpea
Deleted User 2854

Postby aimonaali » 01 Aug 2013, 06:34

Thank you for your answer. I sometimes use stool softener but usually I don't need them since my stools aren't usually that hard. I just use the softener If I've eaten more than normally or somthing like that.
I am gonna take the softener with me on the trip since I'm not gonna eat the same way I do at home.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 01 Aug 2013, 06:44

That is a GREAT idea ! Take all the AF essentials, even if you don't use them. I always carry my "emergency kit" just in case Image 
Sweetpea
Deleted User 2854

Postby suzyljank » 01 Aug 2013, 07:09

Anal fissures and related rectal woes take a big toll on your life. It's not a topic you can bring up with friends. You find yourself scoping out every restroom when you need to go out. You get increasingly scared everytime you have to use the restroom and I think most of us wait way too long before we see a doctor because we get embarrassed and we're afraid of more pain. Understanding what's happening is key to improving the situation. Through my journey when I finally did see a doctor I learned my biggest mistake was not seeing him sooner. I had no idea what I was dealing with so I tried to self treat and that cost me dearly. If I would have gone for help sooner I might have avoided surgery. I also learned my diet had nothing to do with it, my problem was a by product of hemorrhoid surgery. I'm thankful for the CRS who performed my surgery and I take extra care to follow his instructions for the rest of my life. For me it's a small dose of miralax at bedtime, fiber cereal in the morning and dilation once a day. If I could give any advice at all I'd say find a good CRS and trust him. The sooner you accept what you need to do whether it's botox or surgery or ointments, the sooner you start taking back control of your life. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic