Anger and Depression from AF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anger and Depression from AF

Postby smiles » 28 Jul 2013, 10:28

I have noticed since I developed this AF I have had moments where I am so angry I just want to break everything around me. I am trying so hard to stay positive and not obsess over this thing... today is just one of those days where I feel like this will never end :( I can't stop crying. I just don't know what to do.. I'm doing everything right and today I am in pain again. It's been 5 months and I'm just getting so tired of this.
I am trying to channel my frustration into writing and exercising, but some days nothing really works and I end up lying in bed crying or picking a fight with someone :(. Well, thanks for listening. If anyone wants to talk, I would really appreciate it.
smiles
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Anger and Depression from AF

Postby Please go-away! » 28 Jul 2013, 11:23

Hay it's me again, your friendly fissure fighter. (you helped me, so one turn deserves another)
But believe me Smiles stay tuned and more people will come on board to talk to you.
I know it's hard...:roll:, with my setback, and I want to call it just that, it's very tiring and frustrating too. I kept crying and well you know.
Smiles, are you seeing a Gastrologist or better yet a CRS? Are you taking any compound/ointment, plus there are such product's out there like Movalax (Restoralax, in Canada) and other ones to help with your BM.
I'm using a nitro/xylicaine ointment.
Like I explained to you the soluble/insoluble combination, sometimes even I have to increase my soluble foods. Especially during my setback.
That's why I find venting on this forum great, so I don't throw it on my friends or family.
I'm sure your family, knows how stressful this pain can cause, of course it's not good and healthy for you, but your only human.
At first I would write in a journal, and as some do they post it in the diary section here, check it out.
I'm glad your writing in a journal..:) 
Glad your exercising, great natural pain killer, but don't over do it.
Take a sit'z bath, or I like to take a whole bath, I pour a 1/2 cup of bath salt's (the Magnesium is relaxing) hot water (not to hot), then I shower to rinse it off (it can be drying if left on the skin).
No soap down there, to drying.
Heres a little tidbit, did you know that Basil not only has vitamin k(is known to heal wounds) and B6..plus it contains Tryptophan;which can uplift your mood,help calm and act's as a sleep aid.
I have a basil plant, I either saute it with my kale at the end or rip it in a brown rice or quinoa dish.
Relaxing fennel, chamomile tea, nice with a bit of Manukah honey
There are other fruit/veg out there that contain Trypophan, if you google I'm sure you will find them.
Please try to take it easy on your self, we are all here for you, stay on board , other's will help as well.Image 

Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 28 Jul 2013, 11:38

Hi Smiles...I am sorry that you are having a down day, I too have been there myself. You have been at this longer than I, I am only about 5 weeks in as compared to your 5 months.
Writing & exercising are excellent ways to get out your frustrations. I find taking a hot bath with some epsom salt & a little lavender helps calm me down when I am in the midst of rough AF day plus deep breathing helps as well.
Hang in there, sending you lots of comforting hugs ((HUGS))
Deleted User 2854

Postby smiles » 28 Jul 2013, 15:15

You guyyyyss <3 Thank you for your love and support. This really turned my day around.
Please go-away, I haven't seen a Gastrologist or CRS.. do you know if you have to be referred to these doctors? I'm hesitant to go see a doctor because I'm too scared they will tell me I need surgery or tell me that it's worse.
I had no idea about the basil! Thank you for that tip, I have a basil plant, I think I will add it to a stir fry tonight. I have been losing my desire to eat, I think mainly due to this AF, so it's a lot of effort for me to cook/eat..but I will make a delicious stir fry with basil :)
Have either of you tired diltiazem? I'm using nitro right now, and have been using it for almost 2 months now.. I started seeing a lot of improvements a few weeks ago, but these past two days I had pain and a little bit of blood. So I don't know if I should try something new, or relax and keep doing what I'm doing. It's so hard not to get obsessive about healing this thing.
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby smiles » 28 Jul 2013, 15:17

Oh by the way, I noticed a big difference in my BMs when I started drinking liquid chlorophyll.. And manuka honey applied to the wound is helping a lot too :) So there are some things that are working. I wish you both a quick recovery and I am here for you both if you ever need to vent :)
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 28 Jul 2013, 15:40

hi Smiles, thanks for getting back, glad we can make you a liitle bit better,
Your G.P Doctor will refer you to a CRS or Gastrologist, that's how it is in Canada, in some situation's a hospital here can do that.
where do you live, States, UK or Canada, Speak to your family Doctor.
Some one was talking about Chlorophyll, was it Buttastic? and how amazing it is. Good for you smiles the amazing benefit it gives comes from the fact that its molecular structure is almost identical to hemoglobin except for the center atom. In hemoglobin this is
iron, whereas in chlorophyll it is magnesium.
And what does Magnesium do?..it relaxes muscles and has a laxative effect, therefore easing a BM.
www.nutrition-and-you.com; Check this site out, it just about tells you everything, minerals, vitamins in every fruit or veggie plus more, I found out about the Triptophan in Basil from a free health magazine from a health store. (calming and sleep aid)
You go Smiles make a yummy stir fry, with pure virgin olive oil and yummy veggies, geeze your getting me hungry..lol.
Thank's Smiles I just mite put you up to that..he he.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2013, 15:57

Smiles said
I am trying to channel....I'm doing everything right and today

Go ahead and let it out smiles we've been there too. But please please do not let this dampen your attack mode attitude the we must have to fight this.
With my hands on my head sitting constipated on the toilet I too thought....I did everything right WTHeck. But with the myriad different treatments and tips and tricks out there I picked myself up and attacked those bullish fissures even more.
Channel it this way smiles, pick a fight with your fissures, have the mentality that you want to break those hell-grown fissures into oblivion. Soo many times in my 20 year battle I was at my wits end at what to do next, but I finally found a solution and it was a simple as cutting back on certain foods. (so please be patient)
GO get 'em smiles, keep searching keep fighting keep throwing all the different combo's of fighting this, and one day you will find the sweet spot, one day you will latch on to a routine that will send those fish all the way back downstream there to stay.
Good to see the honey and chlorophyll is helping; yet another combo that may prove to be a godsend....
GL HTH

Postby smiles » 28 Jul 2013, 17:10

I made a stir fry.. it was delicious! I made it with basil, quinoa, peppers, spinach and green beans :) Thanks for the tip.. I love basil!
And buttastic, you are such a helpful person! I think you have responded to all of my posts since I joined this site. Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the time you spend answering questions and giving your support :)
smiles
Salt Bather

Postby bobasTic3 » 28 Jul 2013, 17:18

Currently I'm watching videos about Stuff people get like Chron's and how they have to have surgeries and things and some of those people remain positive. And that made me currently be more hopeful and positive.
I also tried singing alittle. Smiles, i'm also crying alot.
but smiles we must not give up.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Deleted User 2854 » 29 Jul 2013, 04:56

Hi again Smiles...I am happy to see that your mood has improved some, that puts a smile on all of our faces :) 
I was prescribed diltiazem when I went to the CRS, it has been working good so far. I have quite the little routine going now in hopes of healing this bugger. I use A & D ointment during the day to keep things lubed, vaseline works well aslo.
Your stir-fry sounds delicous ! Yum, Yum.
Hope today finds you in better spirits, remember not give up Smiles ! (((HUGS)))
Sweetpea
Deleted User 2854