........Fissure location in men and women

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

........Fissure location in men and women

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2013, 11:10

"In women, there also is weak support for the anterior anal canal due to the presence of the vagina anterior to the anus. For this reason, 10% of fissures in women are anterior, while only 1% are anterior in men."
medicinenet.com/anal_fissure/article.htm

Re: ........Fissure location in men and women

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 12 Aug 2013, 00:14

Oh, thanks for this info.  I'm a female with anterior AF.  I think it may relate back to a tear during childbirth, actually (meaning a tear between the vagina and anus).  Any other women with this experience? My theory is that region had some scar tissue/weakness which then tore due to other strains (not the best diet for one!)
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: ........Fissure location in men and women

Postby 1yearon » 28 Oct 2013, 17:15

Yes I have a similar story to you just 'pain' tired. I had an episiotomy and 3rd degree tear, which healed well on the outside hut I'm sure there is still healing going on inside. It's my daughters 1st birthday next Monday and I am pleased to say I had my first painless bm in a year today! I still have some discomfort afterwards which I put down to hemmeroids but It is a world away from the pain I have had. During childbirth i was pushing for hours without instruction from completely inadequate midwife and ended up having forceps. How are you doing now just pain tired? When did you give birTh? I hope the pain has improved but if not that my story gives you a glimmer of hope.
1yearon