12 days post LIS - couple of questions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

12 days post LIS - couple of questions

Postby lulusmak » 31 Jul 2013, 18:15

Hi all
Newly registered here but your boards have been a great source of info.  I had LIS 12 days ago after a rough 6 months dealing with a chronic fissure.  I had one round of botox which made it better the first month but then I went into severe spasm/tear so we went right to LIS.  Recovery was BRUTAL (probably because it was so acute when the LIS was performed).  During BMs was OK but then afterwards the sharp spasming kept me in bed all day on vicodin and/or valium.  And I hate taking drugs.  
Finally a few days ago it started feeling better.  Went off the painkillers except Advil as needed, sitz bathing many times a day, using Desitin on the wounds per CRS advice, doing Colace/Miralax.  This is my 3rd day of starting to feel like I can deal.  But today I am feeling a few symptoms back that I just want to validate are "normal" : )
I'm finding that I have what feels to be an incision site or the fissure on one side.  It hurts just a little bit constantly.  And the cheek/crack area near it feels hard--is this swelling?
On this same side I can feel like a dull spasm in the whole cheek that runs down to my hamstring.  This is probably the most irritating thing right now.  Is this what people mean when they say they have trouble walking?
Thank you so much for your help!!  You are an amazing support group.
lulusmak

Topics: 1

Re: 12 days post LIS - couple of questions

Postby Karinann » 31 Jul 2013, 19:13

Hi Lulusmak: I have the same feeling in my left upper leg area occasionally. I have not had that sensation for a couple of days now. Basically it starts as a dull pain around the surgery site then continues to move and increase as it moves down my left butt cheek into the upper calf area. It stops there. I am taking Ibuprofen (400mg) when needed. I am 5 weeks out from surgery now. Most days now are pretty good. I've got good control with my diet and BMs are pretty smooth now. A bit of irritation, I wouldn't even call it pain, during BMs but goes away within 10 to 15 minutes. Happy Healing, Karin
Karinann
Salt Bather

Topics: 9