Advice on how to calm a finicky fissure while on the job?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advice on how to calm a finicky fissure while on the job?

Postby Rachael 1984 » 08 Aug 2013, 01:33

Glad you calmed down PGA. How cute, a big cat for her age! Glad you have those shifts, it will get you in a routine you can stick to. Keep fighting, you can do it! Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Aug 2013, 11:49

Hey Please,
Great news on your job! & don't let your sister stress you out!!!
To be honest, the fear and thought of dealing with it all at work is far worse than the reality once you are there. You soon adapt and find coping mechanisms to get you through.
I'm so busy most of the time in my role (HR/ PA) that like OMB, it takes my mind off any thoughts about my bum, even when it was at it's worst.....
I've always been extremely fortunate that I work very close to home, sometimes from home, so I get the luxury of having my BMs there too. The times I've been caught short, I always ensure I have both baby wipes & vaseline & Ibruprofen in my work drawer, so sneak out fairly discreetly to the toilets which are actually positioned next to my office! I'm also lucky I share an office with a great colleague who supported me through my worst, so she doesn't bat an eyelid....
LOL, I was just thinking, I wonder exactly how many there are of us out there with pots of vaseline stashed in our drawers and work gear!!!
Don't worry too much Please.....you will be OK honestly. Plan your moves & day so you feel comfortable and then just try to be as relaxed as you can about it all....focus on the excitement of your new role instead! :) 
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Please go-away! » 08 Aug 2013, 19:24

Thank you guy's an gal's, it mean's the world to me, I kept my extra stash in a black cosmetic bag in my locker(travel/trial sizes and a clean empty pill bottle with sudocream placed in it).
Good to know ETO your colleague is supportive, that's great.
Thank you , your all the cat's meow..Image
There's my Sterl ..sleeping beauty.:o 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 10 Aug 2013, 14:27

Meow what a beautiful cat :D 
how's the job going? i hope your feeling well and i hope your enjoying it and not stressing out to much. xx
Deleted User 2543

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 10 Aug 2013, 23:43

It's great that you're out working to the extent you are.  I used to work whenever I chose...until the terrible AF struck.  Now I consider myself 'sitting disabled,' meaning I never sit more than 5 hours per day.  For me, sitting was a strain and led to a major re-tear of the AF.  I find standing to be AF-friendly and walking OK, as long as not too uphill or strenuous.  In the very worst of times it was hard to walk to my kitchen from the bedroom!!!! Now I can walk my usual 45-minutes around the neighborhood (hills included).  So, demands change, but I hope you can stay within limits for what your AF needs for healing!  Until recently, I was VERY anxious about having to poo at work.  I almost broke into a sweat when I headed into the office.  The restrooms are multi-stall type and usually there are people around.  I have been in such pain that is was very difficult to have to poo at work....and yet, sometimes it happens!  I would always bring ointment with me and look for the quietest restrooms in the building.  When pain was more severe, I would bring something to bite on (it helps!). Now, finally, I can poo without such distress and it is such a relief.  Most of the world has NO IDEA what life with an AF is like!  I really wish you the best!Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Rachael 1984 » 11 Aug 2013, 05:16

Gorgeous Picture PGA. Hope you are okay.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Please go-away! » 11 Aug 2013, 18:19

Thank you Edel, Busy working gal,,,:D The one great thing is my shift is either the middle shift or evening shift,therefor I can get all my bathroom duties, as I call them out of the way.
The head Cosmetician need's to work in the morning for stock ordering, meeting's and Rep's, been there done that.I mite have to eventually work the odd morning shift, when it's busy like the holiday's, But at that time I won't be alone.
To this day, sometimes even after an easy BM, (in the morning after breakfast) in about an hour's time the sting/soreness slowly returns for about up to 2 to 3 hour's (a pain from 0 to 2) it's manageable with my ointment and a heating pad.
My work can be at time's physical, not to bad, but some stretching bending and some lifting, overall the shift's work in my favour.
Hay JPT, yes I can tell you, if I feel any kind of pull/twinge  in my butt, I will walk around my Cosmetic dept, so yes I agree it does help allot.  
We have 2 washroom's first one is for staff and customer's it has a disability support bar, that's great. The upstairs washroom(staff room and locker's) is smaller and the sink is very close to the toilet. If I'm working alone that shift, and I need to go, then I ask the supervisor to watch Cosmetic's, she is super nice.
I'm sorry JPT about the washroom being a stall situation, I have worked in the past with washroom's like that. I'm glad you can at least manage, hay how about bringing in ear bud's/headphone and listen to music while on the loo.
Once again..thank you guy's and gal's so much, your thought's and sincere word's mean the world to me..right back at ya!
Thank you Rachel. she's a cutie patutie..lol. Work is doing ,great so far, if I get the odd twinge, I walk around the drugstore or Cosmetic counter, movement work's wonder's, I'm careful not to bend,lift or stretch too much for now.I hope everything is good by you as well..:D 
Image Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Please go-away! » 12 Aug 2013, 17:44

HI every one, I hope everyone's day on the job and at home is going OK.
well, where do I start, at the beginning of course..lol. Let's see, I woke up around 8:30 a.m this morning (my day off/not scheduled)
about to go downstairs and have my Oatmeal.
The phone ring's, and whom could it be, my Boss/head Cosmetician Mara. She said she took something last night for her back and it made her groggy.
Mara asked if I could possibly come in the morning, I said I honestly couldn't make it on time for the opening morning shift, she was OK with it.
My goodness, the phone ring's again at 10:00 a.m, it's Mara again, she asks, "If I could do a middle shift, 12:00 to 5:00 p.m." My reply,"no Problem.".....It mite sound like she is demanding, really she is a super nice person, and She thanked me, so many times.
It gave me enough time to make a Breakfast milkshake, with almond milk, coconut water, ground flax,few Prunes, papaya and some frozen berries. I got ready for work before my breakfast,so I could relax and let my self to digest/BM.
Around 10:30 the shake helped move everything out the poop shoot..lol.
Smooth B.M. with a little twinge/soreness/tightness after. I know movement help's to relax the sphincter, so since I'm ready, I head on out, I can go get a coffee at the coffee shop near by.
Walking to the bus stop, since I take two buses, I can arrive in about 20 minutes, the constant movement helped to relieve the tightness.
When I arrived at work, Mara was there, just to show me the Stock to put out, Monday's are when the order's/stock comes in.
Then I sent her home she looked terrible. her fiance picked her up.
I toasted two slices of rye bread, for my lunch and water through out the day. Everything went well, I even asked some of the guy's to help me lift some overstock and take it to the back shelf's.
I'm glad I didn't go in the morning, at the last moment, it would of screwed up my system, and made me terribly constipated.It was very busy, but I paced my self. Got home in time to have a light dinner, feed the cat and water my plant's.Image  The day/afternoon went perfect.
We have to be so careful, it was a busy day with stock and customer's. I know I could of lifted the bin's with stock, I shouldn't take the chance, so I waited 5 more minutes to get one of the guy's(stock Clerk's) to help me.
Over all the afternoon worked out fine, fissure and all.:D 
Hug's to all...XOXOXOXOXOX.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Please go-away! » 20 Aug 2013, 17:37

Next week I will be working some morning shift's,because the other Cosmetician will be on holiday for a month.
And I'm kinda scared and I know it's OK to be scared. I will lighten up on my breakfast by making a smoothie with almond milk, frozen fruit and wiz in a couple of prunes.
I just got a call from the Digestive Health Clinic, they called to postpone my appointment from Sept, 4th to Sept, 24. Geez that pissed me off, you know I said to the nurse, can you book me with another Gastrologist, they said no...I never thought to tell her what if it was a emergency. oh well..I'm doing OK, some spotting from hem's, no pain.Image
Even Doctor's have a rite to take holiday's, and the front nurse did call me with enough notice.
At least I was able to call my boss back and add on that day to my work schedule.
The best to all..Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Aug 2013, 11:21

Hi PGA,
Glad your work schedule is going well, I knew you could do it! It is so scary getting into a new routine, especially with a Fissure. Glad you are feeling okay, and adapting to the different shifts you do. Damn annoying when they change appointments. Keep up the good work! And Cats rule!! Lol.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984