Got botox and now I have worse pressure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Got botox and now I have worse pressure

Postby fissurevshems » 09 Aug 2013, 23:03

I have had rectal pain and discomfort for 2 years now. Initially it was thought to be internal hemorrhoids but after THD there was no improvement. Recently about 4 months ago a new CRS found a fissure and said that was what caused the pain. I tried nifedipine, diltiazem and steroids cream. I decided to get botox and had this done 5 days ago. He also removed skin tags. He prescribed me lots of opiates for pain control. He did see a chronic anal fissure when injecting the botox.
NOW...I have significant pressure in my rectum when standing up. When I sit it feels much better. What is going on? I feel the most pressure that I have ever felt. It feels like a weight is tied to my rectum and pulling on it whenever I stand up. It is awful. I can barely stand for any prolonged period of time.
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH BOTOX? IS THIS NORMAL AND IT WILL HEAL EVENTUALLY? HELP!!!
fissurevshems
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Got botox and now I have worse pressure

Postby WelshDoubleFissure » 10 Aug 2013, 04:35

I had a similar pain, after a double fissurectomy, skin tag removal and Botox. After a Bowel movement, I'd always feel like my rectum was pushing out and I'd spend the following hour consciously pulling it back in with my muscles.
You've been through some trauma down there with Botox injections and it'll take time for it to start feeling normal again. My perenium became a bit swollen as I think the Botox got into it. This tool a couple of weeks to sort itself out and is still a little tender.
It all takes time, just look after your diet, drink plenty of water, take stool softenets, don't strain and take plenty of rest, stay off your feet.
Sitz baths are great for bringing blood flow to the area, do this 3 times a day if you can, certainly after a BM. If the pain doesn't subside, I found a small ice pack took the edge off.
Botox can take up to 16 week to heal the fissure, keep up the Diltiazem which I believe is the best of all the creams I've tried.
There's a few good diaries on here - specifically JHH and Rachael 1984. Take a look at theirs.
Hope that helps.
Welsh x
WelshDoubleFissure
VIP

Topics: 4

Re: Got botox and now I have worse pressure

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Aug 2013, 04:41

Hi, great advice from Welsh. I too had the weird pressure, I almost felt like I needed to go although I didn't! I think this is normal after having Botox, and as you are only a few days in, it will improve. Good luck to you, as welsh said, have a look at my Botox Hem diary if you like. Happy healing wishes to you. Xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!