Too Tight

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Too Tight

Postby splinterboy1984 » 15 Aug 2013, 06:28

Hi all, Although it seems my pain has decreased with the right amount of miralax and magnesium, but for us chronic sufferers it seems that the anal canal becomes really tight, Wont we end up getting steneosis from this narrowing...i mean can we ever have a normal size stool. The rectum seems to not be the same size like it used to be. what are your thoughts, can permanet steneosis happen.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Too Tight

Postby J-32 » 15 Aug 2013, 09:46

It also bothers me splinterboy1984. OK, we have our high fibre diet, plenty of water, stool softeners and lubrication. At the moment my stools are not wider than 15mm (when they are solid) in diameter when back in the good, old, painless days they could reach twice that diameter. I don't think it is good for us. Will we have to fight against our own bodies until the miserable end?
Maybe someone who is healed now for couple of years could provide us some information?
J-32
Salt Bather

Postby richibeno » 15 Aug 2013, 09:57

hi a lot of the time this happens 'when the sphincter is in spasam'and or also due to stool softners'i had this and reduced my movicol 'level''
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby J-32 » 15 Aug 2013, 10:23

Hi richibeno. Is your stool as wide as it was before problems caused by AF?
Personally I don't use softeners and had Botox injected. Do you think that I will be able to BM as wide in diameter as I used to do some years ago, before it all started? Is it possible at all?
J-32
Salt Bather

Postby lefthanded » 16 Aug 2013, 02:43

I suffer scar tissue (from my ileal-anal anastomosis) and stricture right at the inner sphincter. I have to dilate it regularly, and I use my diltiazem/lidocaine ointment to do so. I use a gloved hand, middle finger, which is approximately a 17-19mm equivalent. Sometimes it spasms so hard that I have to sit there until it relaxes, and often this brings me to tears. I have given a decade to this "fun" now, and yes, there are days I wonder . . .
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Postby saintkilledher » 28 Aug 2013, 03:51

I have stenosis as well...a ring of scar tissue..im having it operated on...they make an incision on both sides to release the stricture and it expands to its original size..anyone else had this surgery?
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby lefthanded » 29 Aug 2013, 01:24

saintkilledher wrote:I have stenosis as well...a ring of scar tissue..im having it operated on...they make an incision on both sides to release the stricture and it expands to its original size..anyone else had this surgery?

I did about 5-6 years ago. It helped for a long time. But I grow scar tissue like a lawn grows dandelions . . . .
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Postby saintkilledher » 29 Aug 2013, 03:30

lefthanded look into dmso it helps scar tissue...digestive enzymes are good to.
tho mine is way to far gone I need surgery.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 29 Aug 2013, 07:45

Hi, I had double advancement flaps for anal stenosis just about 4 months ago. I had narrowed to the point that food was getting stuck on the way out. It was really bad. The flap surgery involved removing the underlying scar tissue and adding new skin in it's place. One very important part of my surgery was dilation. This is so important. You have about 2 years to stretch the new tissue and scar tissue when it's fresh. If you do this at the end of 2 years that will be the size your anus can stretch to. After 2 years you won't be able to get the diameter any larger. I dilate once or twice a day. I too have a tendency to scar so even though I can dilate every other day now I'm not taking any chances. When I first started it was one week after surgery and it was not easy but as the months have gone by it's easier. I just relax and go slow. It takes about 2 minutes at the most and I'm done. I can see the results in the diameter of the bms I have. I'm extremely greatful I found a good CRS and I let him talk me into the surgery. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby saintkilledher » 29 Aug 2013, 18:48

theres a few different procedures you can have for anal stenosis im yet to find out what im having done....yes was told after surgery you have to dilate..im thinking that when I had my skin tags removed that might have caused my anal stenosis or added to the problem with the fissures as well.....anyone else had skin tags removed from the anus then developed anal stenonis?
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist