LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

LIS and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS and fissurectomy this wednesday

Postby bumtastic » 29 Sep 2013, 19:10

Day 5 8:07 PM
Had another BM in the afternoon. I had no control over this at all. It just flowed out. But the stool was very soft probably because of the upping of Miralax. But thankfully it was not diarrhea. I am still scared about being incontinent because this is the 2nd one in a row. What i am not sure about is the first three bms i had were perfectly fine cos i was able to control it.
If anyone who have had lis before has experienced it please let me know if this is ok.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a phase and goes away. No or very little pain after this one.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby bumtastic » 30 Sep 2013, 10:59

day 6 11:55 PM
had a bm just a while. could control it. prb strained a lil. pain about 4-5 on the hemm site. started taking 10-15 min walks inside the house.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 01 Oct 2013, 10:54

Day 7 11:48 AM
BM are still painful because of the hemorrhoidectomy. No pain from LIS or fissurectomy.
today was the same around 4-5 out of 10 for about an hour even with sitz bath.
This is also some itching which is not very bad.
I am not sure if it was a good idea to have gotten both LIS and hemorrhoidectomy at the same time. On the one hand, i can recuperate one time. But on the flip side, this is taxing. I wonder if i could have the hemorrhoids through laser or some other way since it wasnt really bothering me at that time. Anyway whats done has been done.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 02 Oct 2013, 16:23

Day 8 5:20 PM
Since the LIS and Fissure site is feeling better. I am cutting down on the fiber a little. Today has been a little better in terms of pain from the hemorrhoidectomy. There was pain during the first bowel movement in the morning. Was also told to cut down on the miralax so i dont go frequently. I will probably do half the usual quantity for a week or so and then wean off of it once i feel better.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 Oct 2013, 17:31

So glad things are feeling better for you.

Thanks for your advice on my other thread!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby bumtastic » 02 Oct 2013, 20:20

Day 8: 9:13 PM
Thank you sotiredofthis. Hope you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.
Had only one bowel movement today. So today is the first day (after the morning) that i am feeling close to being normal again. Because of the high fiber, Metamucil and Miralax, I used to go three times everyday: once in the morning, once in the afternoon and one in the evening. So used to feel pretty shitty through out the day. But it definitely helped me not get constipated, keep my stool soft and well formed and read somewhere in one of the other threads that the frequent BMS are needed to train your body and muscles around the area. Was also able to walk around the house a little longer and spend more time with the lil one.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 03 Oct 2013, 11:19

Day 9 12:10PM
Morning BMs are still painful but is slowly getting better. Hem site is still bothering me. Since i cut down on Miralx, the volume of BM today was less. Will up the Miralax today and alternate Up and down for a couple of weeks till i feel 100 percent again. Started doing Ibuprofen three times a day for the last couple of days to get the hem swelling down.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 06 Oct 2013, 21:20

Day 12: 10:16 PM
Nothing new to report. The hem swelling is going down and the pain during BM is reducing as well. There is quite a bit of itching. Sitz bath helps. Sometimes i just stuff the gauze that i put for leakage in there to reduce the itch.
The leakage is reducing but there is still some mucus and i dont know what else but no blood.
Have a follow up with the CRS this tuesday. Hoping for some good news.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby bumtastic » 08 Oct 2013, 22:56

2 Week Post op:
Had my visit with the CRS today. He looked at my bum gently and told me that it is healing but apparently there is still a long way to go. There was pain when he tried to open up my butt cheeks and tried to take a look at it.
He said it takes anywhere between 6 to 12 weeks for things to heal and settle down. Going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully should be able to sit for 8 hours without trouble.
Also spoke to the doctor and the nurse about itching. They asked me if i still use baby wipes. It is apparently a strict no-no when you are healing and the itching could be because of that. They asked me to wet the bathroom tissue and then clean the area very very gently after washing with a shower head. So i am going to stop using the baby wipes.
I was also asked to stop using the gauze pads for the leakage and asked to use cotton balls after cleaning and drying.
I use a fan usually to dry the area.
Very little pain. Mostly discomfort if i sit on ass for a long time.
My stool is still soft because of Miralax and had one incident of Incontinence in the last 5 days when it was super soft.
The doc said it is normal and nothing to worry about and it should get better with time and once the stools are more well formed.
bumtastic
Salt Bather

Postby sotiredofthis » 09 Oct 2013, 07:22

Glad to hear things are going in the right direction!

I have a couple of questions for you. When you say incontinence what exactly do you mean? A little leakage or totally messing your pants. Could you stop it at all? I have IBS with diarrhea and this is my absolute biggest fear! I have this fear of never being able to leave my house again after surgery. I don't know which is worse. With my current pain I still continue on with my active life with 4 kids. Yes, it's hard sometimes but I just keep going. If I have incontinence, I just can't see that happening.

Have you been able to sit at all since surgery? For how long?

Thanks!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33