Unusual Symptom?

Constant retearing while walking

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Unusual Symptom?

Postby Deleted User 3088 » 07 Oct 2013, 12:15

Hi there, I couldnt see anyone else who has posted the same problem so I thought I would ask, feeling quite desperate.

I am 25, had my first fissure about 7 months ago and have been through hell since then. I think the fissure happened because I was caught out and had to hold in a BM for too long while walking.

Most of the time I have no pain when having BM's and no pain when sitting or standing however as soon as I have to walk for anything more than 5 minutes at a time I can instantly feel the fissure start to get irritated and painfull and if I continue to walk for even another minute it retears and there is blood and lots of pain for days.

The only way I can get around most of the time is by using hemorrhoid cream (not the steroid kind) every day as it seems to soothe and protect the area so that I can at least walk for a little while (10 or 15 mins max).

I have had a proctoscopy and been told the fissure is actually quite small and should heal. I have used nitro cream and am on my second botox injection but I still cant walk for very long.

The longest I have gone without retearing it is a month or so and it does get slightly better/stronger over time, but eventually I have to walk for a little while and it retears.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Deleted User 3088

Re: Unusual Symptom?

Postby Ever the Optimist » 08 Oct 2013, 16:30

Hi Nitram,
Sorry to read this - That really is awful because walking for me was actually something that helped and didn't cause issues & I must admit this is the first post I've read of someone suffering so badly through the act of walking in itself.
Did you get the fissure checked by a Colon & Rectal Surgeon? I'm guessing it's just where the thing has positioned itself that is making the difference to the way you are suffering with it...Has your CRS suggested anything to assist you at all with physical movement??
That's the weird thing with fissures - everyone is affected so personally in so many different ways.
Are you able to perform other activities like swimming or if it's not too painful for you, are you able to cycle?? I'm just thinking that not being able to go for a long walk would leave me totally frustrated and if you are pretty active, are there other forms of exercise you can do in the meantime?
Does lubricating the area with a good dollop of vaseline help you at all in walking around?
Wishing you all the very best with this & hoping you can get some help with this issue very soon.......
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Unusual Symptom?

Postby Deleted User 3088 » 08 Oct 2013, 17:01

Hi Ever the Optomist,

Yes, I've been to two colo/rectal surgeons, the first one was an asshole (no pun intended!) so I got a second referral. The only thing thats been suggested is that I use Instillagel instead of the hemorrhoid cream to protect the fissure as the surgeon was afraid that I would develop side effects with long term use of Prep H. Unfortunately the Instillagel doesn't work so I'm still using Prep H but I will definitelly give the vaseline idea a try.

Does anyone know is there side effects associated with long term use of non steroidal hemorrhoid cream? I've been using Prep H for months now and so far I'm okay but it's getting ridiculous the amount I've gone through.

I can do some static exercises like squats (not heavy weights) but I cant really do any swimming, running or cycling as the motion of the legs tears the fissure.

Thanks for the response.
Deleted User 3088