The best way of applying creams

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

The best way of applying creams

Postby howtobepositive » 18 Oct 2013, 00:08

Hi All,

I just wanted to know what the best way of applying nitro or diltiazem or dr.wheatgrass is. I have had two differing recommendations from different doctors - one said that you have to shove it all the way in as far as you go and try to reach your fissure, the other said to just apply it around and just inside the anus.

What have you guys done in the past or are doing right now??
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: The best way of applying creams

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 18 Oct 2013, 01:10

This is easy.....you don't need (or want) to 'shove it all the way in'. Even more internal fissures (as mine was) are just up inside a centimeter or two. All you need is your fingertip, or if that's too difficult a Q-tip or applicator, to get it up inside a little bit. I found that using a gloved fingertip (finger cot or I'm cheap and cut-off fingers from a glove) makes it easier. You can also just use your finger but clip the nail!!!! The easiest way is to lie down on your left side, bend your knees a little bit (think fetal position), you can bend the upper knee, relax, breath out, and then apply a little ointment up in. It doesn't (shouldn't) hurt. I never thought I could do this but it's easy as pie. Quick, too, once you get used to it. The results are worth the awkwardness of doing so. Best of luck!!!!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby howtobepositive » 18 Oct 2013, 02:15

I have been doing this for a long time so Im quite used to it and have been shoving it all the way in until now!! My doctor told me my fissure is very high up (not sure how high) and also told me its against my spine. In the beginning I was doing as you described and not getting better and was told that I need to go all the way in.......(not that doing this fixed me up!)
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 18 Oct 2013, 03:38

My CRS told me on Monday that you only need to put it on the outside and not all the way in. He said its absorbed through the skin. He told me to use a bit of cling film on my finger to stop absorption through that way.
Hope that helps.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby rw76 » 20 Oct 2013, 22:22

I take a little of the ointment on a qtip and spread it around - with a mirror because well otherwise I can't be sure that I get it spread out right and out of the qtip. QUITE THE SHOW - ugh stupid fissure :roll:
rw76
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby revma3 » 20 Oct 2013, 22:44

I was told to make certain my finger (pinky) was 3/4 in, to ensure the inner muscle gets the calcium blocker and stops spasm, I guess every CRS has a different opinion, now only after all that trauma the cream would work!
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby CanadaHell » 24 Oct 2013, 19:29

The skinny wooden qtips are the right length but they "scare" me a little,incase I poke myself? And the cottem ends "dissapear" inside.
CanadaHell
Salt Bather