Exhausted.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Exhausted.

Postby vdb324 » 18 Oct 2013, 21:49

I feel like I am being pushed from every side possible right now. I am sore and exhausted this evening, and I don't know if it's the recovery, all the meds I'm on, or just everything in general. I have broke down crying at least five different times today (I am normally the most cheerful, happy and optimistic person...) I've think I have reached my breaking point with health stuff right now.

First, last night was a terrible night of recovery. I was in tears in the bathroom, and in so much pain, that I didn't sleep last night.

Now today, I am still feeling sore. Then, there's work stuff and drama. Sorry, this next part might be "For Women Only..." Then, I have had a ladies' only problem with my lady bits on top of the fissure. I don't think the lady bits like all of the warm baths, creams, surgery recovery in the general vicinity, etc. I have taken so much time off of work already, but knew I still had to get this checked out. Sure enough. My whole entire bottom is just blown to pieces right now. And, I have a lovely headache that has been bothering me all day.

Also, has anyone who has had Botox surgery had pain in the tailbone region after it? I actually wouldn't call it pain - more like a general dull, achy feeling, like it's sick of holding up my torso.
When will it end? I am thinking this full body soreness is from general exhaustion from today's events and my lack of sleep. At least I am hoping. I can't take anything else! Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow feeling 110% better. Thank goodness for the weekends. I made it through my first "full" work week after surgery, so I guess that's something to be proud of. :roll:
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: Exhausted.

Postby revma3 » 18 Oct 2013, 23:36

Sorry about work stuff and drama, no idea how you managed to go to work whilst in all this pain :( any coping tips would help! Although try and destress as much as you can, as it is very important in order to heal - or so I hear! I have no idea about botox, but following my hemorrhoid surgery I developed a painful AF, plus my wound from the surgery has not healed in 4 weeks so that is painfull too, to alleviate I did the hot baths etc. and developed a Yeast infection, so yeah, poker stabbing pain and not niceness everywhere - since clearing it - am very carefull to let my lady parts dry and also take a probiotic pill to reduce yeast daily (you can ask any pharmacy for it). So if that was your problem - been there done that - what's next! I mean clearly this is neverending!!
Goodluck with work and please don't stress !
XxRevma
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Now66 » 19 Oct 2013, 10:18

So tell us what you are doing in the way of treatment. I assume this surgery was AF related. Surgery or no surgery, there is considerable experience on this forum to ease the pain of recovery.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby vdb324 » 19 Oct 2013, 11:00

Thanks, all. I still had some muscle spasms today, but nowhere near as sharp as they used to be and they stopped after only an hour - compared to the usual three to four, so perhaps the Botox is working some?

Yes, I definitely need to practice relaxing. That doesn't come naturally to me, unless I am sitting beachside. My blood pressure was pretty high yesterday at the doctor (not surprising considering my stress). It's been higher since this fissure started some reason. I'm not sure why - maybe this AF stresses me out or maybe because I can't be quite as active? Has anyone had experience with developing higher blood pressure with an AF? Mine used to be low all of the time before these problems started, and yesterday was extraordinarily high.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 19 Oct 2013, 11:05

Sorry your finding things tough. I had awful coccyx pain that developed a few days after Botox. I really don't know what it was down to, as an MRI didn't show anything up. It has faded with time though.
Maybe sitting on a heating pad may help?? Sorry I have no answers... I just had to ride it out as best I could. Ibuprofen was my friend for a week or two.
OMB xxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby vdb324 » 19 Oct 2013, 13:44

Interesting. I'll have to ask my CRS about it. I go back for a follow-up in three weeks. Did your CRS say anything about it? It definitely feels like the soreness has "transferred" up to that general area post-Botox.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Now66 » 19 Oct 2013, 19:38

If you are so inclined, I find the serenity prayer to always get me through the most difficult, trying, painful, and exhausting of these episodes.

http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby vdb324 » 19 Oct 2013, 22:00

Thank you!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Oct 2013, 04:05

Hi VDB,

I know where you are coming from... I had more pain after Botox, due to banded hems and sore Botox sites and a camera examination. It improved slowly with good hygiene, sitz baths and drying the area with a hair dryer. Then I got Thrush, which took 3 lots of treatment to go.... I was in such a mess that I ended up taking Anti-depressants, which really helped me. I cried each day and didn't want to wake up. There is light at the end of the tunnel, it just takes a while and it is definitely hard not to stress (I wasted away to 7 stone due to the stress of the stupid monster Fissures). Do you have somebody you can talk to? I had counselling and this was great to cry, and get everything off my chest, to somebody who wasn't related to me in any way... Please don't lose hope, we are here for you. Xxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby vdb324 » 20 Oct 2013, 09:08

Thank you for your kind response. I am hoping things continue to improve. Today has been a much improved day. I do have a few wonderful people who are aware and are supporting and encouraging me. I think the hard thing is that you don't feel comfortable telling most people what you're experiencing, as it isn't something that is socially "acceptable" to discuss. It's also hard to go from a perfectly healthy person (who probably took it for granted at the time) who likes to run and be active to someone who has multiple issues going on and becomes limited in what they can do in terms of being active. Hopefully, one day, I will look back at all of this, healthy and not taking it for granted, thanks to this experience. I suppose it's like any run/race - I have to keep persevering to reach the finish line!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist