New York City CRS recommendations

Please pitch in if you are in the area

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New York City CRS recommendations

Postby SSK » 21 Oct 2013, 09:51

Hi all,

I have been on this forum for a while now and in the shortest possible explanation, I have had 2 LIS surgeries; one in February 2013 and the last one in June 2013. I am still in horrible pain and my CRS (highly acclaimed MT Sinai guy) thinks I am healing. I do not believe that is true because I can't honestly say that my recovery is taking time but heading in the right direction. I am in so much pain that even Percocet barely touches it.

So, if you know a solid CRS in NYC area, please please please post here. I will be forever grateful.

Any other suggestions about treatment options/ next steps are also welcome. Thank you.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: New York City CRS recommendations

Postby arbguy1 » 21 Oct 2013, 23:55

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

You could try Dr. Daniel Feingold. I have no experience with him but his reviews look impeccable http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Daniel ... ld/reviews.
arbguy1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby fissuremaster » 22 Oct 2013, 12:57

Did they do a anoplasty to try to cover the fissure to promote healing? What about cutting the fissure completely out? Or somehow cauterizing it so it heals. It never made sense to me that my LIS incision healed within weeks and this stupid small fissure/tear took forever to heal. My dr said scar tissue was to blame.

What about botox? Did you get an relief immediately after the LIS? If done correctly, and I assume yours were, or at least one was since you've had 2, I feel that you should get some immediate relief from the classic fissure symptoms of burning/spasms as the sphincter muscle was just weakened by the surgeries.

Also try laying on a heating pad. I found that worked just as good as a nice hot bath to dull the pain. Unless it was really pissed off, in which case nothing would stop the pain.
fissuremaster
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby SSK » 22 Oct 2013, 14:04

Thanks for your reply arbguy. I am seeing dr feingold this week actually. He is supposed to be very good but I don't know if he will be able to help a stubborn case of fissure like mine.
Fissuremaster- I had LIS with skin tag removal the first time and only LIS the second time. The thing is I never really was able to distinguish between pain and spasms even pre-LIS. Sure, I felt way too tight but I'm not sure that's the same as spasming. I don't feel any burning, only intense pain. I actually have no other issues so far (knock on wood) other than intense pain on some days that can last for a couple of hours and doesn't respond to pain relievers either. Other days, I am so much better and almost believe that this thing will be behind me soon enough. But the truth remains, that not all days are great and even after 2 surgeries the pain I experience is not to be expected. How long am I supposed to wait and keep telling myself to go above and beyond? I am on the verge of using up all my disability time off from work and possibly losing my job. FRUSTRATING.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6