Botox injections, good or bad ??

Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox injections, good or bad ??

Postby Annette24 » 08 Nov 2013, 15:43

Hi

I have been reading all the threads on having botox injections, and most of them are quite negative, I had made my mind up to have this done under GA next time I go back to consultant, but I feel after all the reading on here most people are in more pain, is here anyone with any positive stories about botox, I can't cope with this becoming worse .....
Annette24
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Botox injections, good or bad ??

Postby JHH » 08 Nov 2013, 16:27

You are right, there are not many botox success stories in here, but lately there has been a few.
I had good luck with botox, and healed a cronic fissure in 3-4 month, but even from day 1 after botox I no longer had the burning pain. Yes it was sore and I had shooting pain, but it was way better than 6-8 hours of burning after each BM.
You can read my story here: have-my-life-back-t7509.html

Besides me, welshdoublefissure and stratocaster also seem to have healed on botox. Rachael1984 made good progress after Botox too, but unfortunately had a retear a short while ago. You can use the search function to read more about their experiences.

I wish you good ouch with the healing whatever you choose!

JHH
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Annette24 » 08 Nov 2013, 16:53

Thanks for your reply , I have been healing quite well with just a couple of setbacks today being one of them, hideous pain today all day after 2 weeks of feeling so much better, I then think just continue on the cream perhaps, but my colorectal dr is pushing botox , difficult call

A24
Annette24
Fibre Addict

Postby guest1 » 11 Nov 2013, 07:00

I am debating doing botox too. My proctologist is saying that it is improving and will heal by itself. But it retears and I bleed when my stool is not too soft or I do not put in time nifedipine ointment. When is to decide that I need a injection? I am struggling with this condition since July.
guest1
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Annette24 » 13 Nov 2013, 14:32

It has pros and cons and I am so fed up with this condition , it's ruining my life,
so I think if it makes the pain worse at least it will wear off at some point, cos the botox is only temporary
But then I think I don't know if I can handle worse pain than this
My consultant says it has really good results and he is shocked that I am even debating on not having it .
I need some positive botox stories I think, good luck with your decision Let me know how u get on ..
Annette24
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Nov 2013, 15:49

Annette,
There are a few positive Botox stories on this site, so please take a good look.
I think if you are striving to avoid surgery, then Botox is definitely worth a shot and you will probably be in a better situation following the treatment than beforehand, so it is worth considering for sure. It certainly doesn't appear to do any damage even if the treatment is not fully successful but there is a chance that it can be and I think I would opt to take that chance and see how it goes.
How long have you actually been using the cream for and what exactly did they prescribe you? Don't forget you need to give any of the creams a good 6-8 weeks to do what they need to do :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Annette24 » 14 Nov 2013, 05:46

I have been using diltazem for about 10 weeks and I won't be seeing consultant till till January now, so I will continue to use until then and hope that I see a huge improvement before then! or I think botox will be my next call! thank you so much for your input, it really helps.
Annette24
Fibre Addict

Postby JHH » 14 Nov 2013, 06:47

JHH wrote:I wish you good ouch with the healing whatever you choose!

OMG LOL. Luck, I meant luck. Damn autocorrect...

Anyway, I think you are right, the next logical step is botox, and I wouldn't worry too much about the (temporary) potential side effects. Having a fissure for too long isn't good either. It will form more and more scar tissue and take longer to heal.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby sugarspice » 14 Nov 2013, 07:06

Hi Annette, I'm on Day13 after botox and it is getting A LOT better, it has taken a while to feel the affects wtih botox but I 'think' I might be healing. I am glad I opted for this before the LIS. I had it done under GA as well :-)

Best of luck
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby lefthanded » 16 Nov 2013, 18:01

I am guessing after fighting AF for over 6 years that botox is probably not going to be a permanent healing solution, eh? Especially if on the average I am in the bathroom 6-12 or more times a day (because of j-pouch). The one thing I can not chance is more leakage and incontinence, and both botox and LIS carry that possibility. They can transplant faces . . . why not anal canals? (Okay . . .yes, I am being part serious, part whiney, and part hopeful someone will have heard of something somewhere . . . . )
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3