Doing tons better but spotting blood again :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Doing tons better but spotting blood again :(

Postby rw76 » 22 Nov 2013, 15:06

So frustrated! I got a fissure at the end of September. I am back to totally functional and no pain (sometimes slight discomfort) but I stopped the diltiazem and the spotting has returned. Not always but if I strain at all I spot. Today more than just a spot - not like dripping onto the bowl but a bigger amount on the TP :( It freaks me out. However not really painful. Am I not healing? Did I stop the diltiazem too prematurely. SO FRUSTRATED!

I knew I should have waited to have more of an urge to go instead of straining :(. I looked in there and there is fresh blood coming out from where the fissure is :(
rw76
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Doing tons better but spotting blood again :(

Postby Ever the Optimist » 22 Nov 2013, 15:57

Hi RW76,
Glad to see you have done so well & are pretty much painless.
Sometimes some people do continue to bleed even after they are healed & it's generally not a cause for concern - but if you are worried in anyway, contact your CRS or ask a GP if this is normal.
Do you suffer with internal hems at all because these could be causing the small spotting type bleeding you've been getting too?
I'm not sure why Diltiazem would directly cause the bleeding issue, but the main thing to ask now is whether things feel worse/ your pain levels have increased etc....If everything feels pretty much the same & your discomfort is reducing, then I wouldn't overly worry yourself about the bleeding right now. It sounds like you are healing.
Just try hard not to strain at all when you go or over wipe & hopefully, everything will calm down for you very soon :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again