Life after fissure healing

Will i one day have a normal life?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Life after fissure healing

Postby FissureHome » 03 Dec 2013, 13:55

Betty blue what do you mean by irratation? and acting up? curious? like stinging and burning? or throbbing? ive read it takes 2 full years be4 your scar tissue from anal fissure will reach full strength again..80% after 1 year
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Bettyblue » 03 Dec 2013, 16:19

Fissurehome, you are every where too :D .When I said my fissure is acting up. I mean that I get a burning sensation and get very sore down there, and also I get a dull pain that is difficult to pinpoint, it is like I am aware of my butt the hole time. You know like you have a pain but is not really a pain. It is difficult to explain. The only thing I know is that is very annoying and consume all my thoughts. I get scare of a relapse, so it's some times stressful. But I have more good days than bad days. So if it takes 1 year, maybe I have to give it more time since I only healed completely 4 months ago. Thank you for your post! The article looks very interesting. I am going to read it very carefully. By the way I want to thank you but I don't know how to do it. I am new. sorry. Could you tell me what I have to do?
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby FissureHome » 03 Dec 2013, 16:35

Thank me? i think you just did :)
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 04 Dec 2013, 06:30

Fissure home, I just forgot to ask you, are you healed yet? And if you are. Do you have to be strict with your diet? How is your life after healing is becoming normal again some how? :thanx:
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 04 Dec 2013, 08:08

No betty blue i wish..i mean ive been through some set backs..i was feeling better after seeing CRS and getting perscribed dialtiazem and stool softner and fiber..(not normal but being able to put socks on without pain and walking without pain small pain with bowel movement)so i went for my followup appointment a month later and he said "its actually looking alot better i must admit but i just re ripped it a little bit" so the next day i was back at square one very sore basically stuck in bed for a couple days..now 5 weeks later im back at this point again when i can put socks on without pain and roll over in bed and stuff bowel movement arent too bad no blood or anything sitting for short periods of time..but if i sit too long it start feeling irritated, and i get setback like i worked too hard the other day i do outdoor labor..started burning and feeling raw basically laid down the rest of the day..
heres my link to pretty much my full story
how-to-heal-fissure-without-surgery-t7575-10.html#p100368
ive lost like 3 months of my life..havent hang with any friends or gone out to eat cant handle care rides unless im laying in the back seat pretty much no fun..although some peoples seem much more serious than mine gushing blood and crying after they go to the bathroom i cant take it much more! starting to debate surgery :(
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 04 Dec 2013, 13:01

Fissure home, now I remember you! You were my first post after I joined the forum. :D . You had this awful doctor that deserve to have a fissure himself :p . Yeah I know , my life changed a lot too. And in the back of my mind the word LIS appears from time to time. But I just don't have the courage right now to go through that. But of course I don't have the same pain you are having right now. I think I just going to stick with what I am doing for a while to see what happen. Thanks again for your answer.

P.S I hope the coccyx pain is doing better!
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 05 Dec 2013, 05:01

Thank you Bettyblue. im gonna give in at least another 3 weeks and see how i feel and decide from there if i wanna give it another month or so maybe go for surgery..im not scard of the surgery..i know a girl i grw up with had one and she was back to normal in 5 days..she told me she suffered a year and it was the best thing she coulda done and not to wait just do it! but then when i started reading about the incontinence thats what scares me..not so much the surgery itself.. But after speaking to you your still in pain? didnt you say youve been healed for like 7 months? i dont wanna deal with this for that long! thats crazy! youve already made it that far and arent in so much pain so maybe you should give it a couple more months and see if your improve.
p.s. i like how your writing is all perfect with your capital letters and punctuation :) sorry mine is so bad but im always laying in my bed on my side on the laptop...like right now in complete darkness i cant even see the keyboard lol
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 05 Dec 2013, 13:20

Fissurehome, i am not in pain at all. I healed 4 months ago. What I am tired of is my diet. It has to be super strict, otherwise my BMs are not that soft and I get very irritated down there and start to feel a little tingle. I am terrified to tear again because I had a horrible time. So my life is like a monk's life. :evil: I live in the north of Spain and every thing here is ham, tapas, wine and ole! :roll: And right now I can not have any of that. I avoid to go out because how do you explain to your friends what is happening to you? My friends are very intrusive they want to know every thing! :p
So I took vacations to try to calm down ( I have a crazy job). And see if with proper care and relax things will go to normal again.
Yes, incontinence is something that worries me too. Although my CRS told me that incontinence is the consequence of a very bad surgeon. He claims that in 15 years he had never had a patient with incontinence. He operates with laser (CO2). He likes laser better because is gentle with tissues, and the recuperating time is quick and with less pain. But also told me that no matter what I chose, laser or conventional surgery. The most important thing is your CRS hands. So look for a very experienced and good CRS if you decide to do de LIS.
P.S Thanks for the compliment on my writing, I guess it was the work of my English teacher. You should see when I write in spanish, :D
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 05 Dec 2013, 15:41

Bettyblue, The CRS i went to i know didnt tell me much the first time around besides take stool softner fiber and kinda sent me out the door i thought i was gonna heal right up didnt realize how serious these things can be..butt anyhow the second time i saw the CRS talked with me a while and was very nice..said the surgery is 90% successful and i was like o thats not good so theres a chance it wont work?My CRS said so confident will do the second one free if it didnt work..has 15 years experience..Ive read people on here there CRS told them their 100% successful in the procedure and how yours told you never had an issue with incontinence on any patient thats what i really wanted to hear lol(i would do it for sure as thats my main worry)..So i dont know what to think..i dont have insurance or money to keep making appointment with other CRS's you know..its a scary thing having someone operate on you and not really knowing too much about them..although i looked my CRS up and has 5 out of 5 stars on all the sites and won a Patients Choice Award(but couldnt find any people actual comments)i dont know if he uses laser or not..i looked up the CRS my friend went to a couple years ago and has tons of negative comments and 2 out 5 stars on all the sites..so i was like no thanks! Even though hers worked out great and was back to normal in 5 days..I just dont know what to do! Any thoughts? How did you find your CRS? just got lucky? Hopefully i will keep improving and i wont need it..I know youve healed and your not in "pain" but the fact that it still gets irritated at times so far down the road and your not back to "normal" yet and still worry about it doesnt rub me the right way..Although I congradulate you and I think its amazing youve made it so far and im sure your on your way to complete confidence with your bum..Someone on here the other day told me it took them 1 year to feel normal but 2 years to be completely normal with no irritation or anything..Thats a really long time I dont know if i can deal with that for so long! i want to be able to sit down without thinking about it! And get on a bike and back in the gym..Im going crazy doing nothing fun! lol Do you still take softners and fiber? Do you have IBS or anything? And i feel you on the diet thing! I havent had any fast food or pizza or spicy chiken wings in months :( i love pizza and i love spicy! Thank god i enjoy eating veggies and fruit and chiken and fish! How old are you by the way..curious? And i know what you mean about explaining to your friends i was embarrassed at first..i ended up telling alot of them lol b/c they are like what you dont wanna hang out with me anymore...? why dont you ever wanna do anything..lol Anyhow TTYL
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 06 Dec 2013, 09:30

Well fissure home, maybe your doctor is more realistic than mine. I mean how do I know that he is telling me the truth, I can't talk with his patients to really know if he's as successful as he claims to be. Any way he came highly recommended. I have some friends in Madrid in the health field and they made a search around for me. They came with 2 doctors. The first one I didn't like because he was to eager to make the LIS right away without trying first something else. The second who is my actual CRS, was very good he took a lot of time to explain me every thing and he took the "natural healing" approach first. Also gave me great tips to manage my fissure. I can contact him any time by mail and he always answer me.
We have an Universal health care system here in Spain. Now the problem is that here where I live there is not CRS, so the GI are the ones doing everything. I don't want a GI close to my butt. So I have to go to Madrid for a CRS and pay myself. Also even If I want the operation I have to be screaming, bleeding and near to dead from the pain. In the state I am now with my fissure healed. They don't think I need a LIS. So I am like you now, if I want a LIS I will have to pay it myself. Right now I don't take any stool softener or fiber, I have managed to have good BMs only with a healthy diet. But I have to be strict with that. Fortunately I don't have any condition like IBS or something else. I had to forgot about bicycling because it irritated my fissure and I couldn't stand it. So now I am doing the elliptic and every thing is fine. So fissurehome let me know how are you doing and if you finally will go for the LIS or managed to cure your fissure.
P.S Didn't your Mother taught you never to ask a lady for her age? :D ( just kidding!) I am 30.
Bettyblue
VIP