Life after fissure healing

Will i one day have a normal life?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Life after fissure healing

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 04:48

It has been more than one year since I got this fissure, and only 4 months since I cured it. Why I am here then? Well I don't have pain any more, but I still have anal irritation and some how a discomfort that is difficult to explain.
If I don't eat the right food, or drink the right amount of water my fissure start to act up. So I have to be very strict with my diet. I managed to get rid of the miralax, so now I am pretty regular and have a soft BM but only if I eat healthy other wise it get extremely irritated down there and a dull pain start. It is like I am always aware of my butt.
I am very tired with this. I can not drink even a glass of wine and can not got crazy with food even for one day. I talked with my doctor and he told me that the problem with an spontaneous cured fissure is that you have to be very careful with your food and health habits the rest of your life. Never get constipated and take a very good care of your butt. He thinks that maybe the best solution for me so I can leave a normal life will be to have the LIS, but I am not convinced. Could any one here have managed to have a normal life with a fissure? Thanks for your help. In this moment I am pretty down.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Re: Life after fissure healing

Postby JHH » 02 Dec 2013, 10:53

Good question!

Im also healed but still have irritation on and off. A harder than usual BM will also give me soreness.
Hopefully we just need more time, as I have read it can take months for the nerves to settle down.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Now66 » 02 Dec 2013, 10:55

Depends on what you call "normal." If you mean no BM pain or dread, then I'm back to normal. I remain very strict with Miralax, fiber, water, clean up wipes, and pre-lube if possible. But so what if I'm healthy. Really not that big a deal to be free of that misery. There are plenty of other physical problems out there that require strict maintenance - heart disease, ulcers, asthma, alcoholism to name a few.

Any reason to "get rid of the Miralax?" Polyethylene glycol sounds awful but is not an addictive stimulant laxative and is not absorbed by the body. I'm not parting with this life saver.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 13:01

Yes, now 66 you are absolutely right. There are far more horrible things out there than this, but I travel extensively for work and some times abroad. I have to eat outside frequently and is literally a pain in the ass to have this kind of restrictions I have. In my work environments alcohol is very important to make business, and for me alcohol is a NO, NO. But hey I don't want to sound whiny. Is just that today I went to my doctor and even I am o.k. According with his experience, He is not very convinced that the fissure will no tear again in the future. So that was a little shock. But any way thanks for the time you took to answer me.
I got read of the Miralax, because my doctor told me to try to go with out it after I healed. He thought it would be better for me to continue managing things in a more natural way ( meaning with a healthy diet), which I managed to do. Maybe I should ask him again.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 13:05

Thanks JHH for the answer. I guess I will have to give it more time.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Superfissure » 02 Dec 2013, 14:34

Bettyblue, given your lifestyle I would be very tempted by the offer of LIS. My working life is similar to yours although for the past while I've been working with one client but dreading travelling for work again with this. I recently went 16 months with no re-tear where I even went through a period of constipation (not hard stools but bunged up and couldn't release easily). Then in August this year things didn;t feel right then re-tear occurred, just after moving house where I couldn't be so religious with my diet initially :( - although stress might not have helped.
I'm sure for some they can fully recover and might not ever have a problem again but for many of us, even going a few years without a re-tear might not mean we back to normal.
Even if I get LIS done I will still maintain a much better diet than if I had never had this problem. In a roundabout way maybe it's good for us :).
Definatley give it more time for now though, before deciding.
Superfissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Now66 » 02 Dec 2013, 14:58

Bettyblue, I travel a good bit as well. In fact, I'm sure this AF started with a 14 hour flight from LA to Melbourne. Still I find that I do quite well if I stick to my regimen. As for the alcohol, no one, particularly the other drinkers, give a d**n what you are drinking. Believe me, they are too caught up in their own booze. A glass of seltzer water in hand generally deflects all attention. I should know. PM me, if you need more.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bettyblue » 03 Dec 2013, 06:55

Super fissure, I am sorry to hear that after 16 months your fissure opened again. I feel for you. To have came that far and now you have to start again. I am very afraid that it will happen to me to. besides my doctor is not very encouraging with the pat I chose. He thinks that because my life style and the high rate of relapse that natural healing AFs have. It will better for me to have a LIS. But I am terrified of the LIS. So I think I will try to continue for a while like this. Thank you for your answer and I hope your AF will heal soon.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Superfissure » 03 Dec 2013, 07:49

Thanks Bettyblue.
Yeah, like many here, it's got me down a bit. I decided to take a week off this week to manage it better and just relax - not had much holiday this year or even last. However, just to add to injury I started taking some pills for something else yesterday (itraconazole) and pretty much instantly got one of the "if you get this, stop taking and contact doctor immediately" type reactions. Luckily I'm fine (providing the pins and needles feeling goes completely) but off those pills already, and as it turns out, they probably wouldn't have helped anyway as I seem to have something else. WHy they didn't contact me to let me know this I do not know - I'd rather not pollute my 'body is a temple' with meds. As I hate meds, the anxiety of taking pills might actually have been the cause (rather than the drug itself) which I'm quite happy about now as I found out I don't really need to take 'em. Given I still have the pins and needles despite the good news, I'm assuming it was the meds.

Good luck and do update us with how things go.
Superfissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby FissureHome » 03 Dec 2013, 13:53

Hey guys..and gals.. i was just doing some research and came across something..sounds very promising..i too am trying to heal naturally as i am scard to death to have incontinence after..im only 29 years old(male) anyhow check out this link i set up.. Gonyutoxin:http://anal-fissure.org/gonyutoxin-anyone-fastest-healing-t7751.html
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16