How to apply Diltiazem

Help!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How to apply Diltiazem

Postby rio » 20 Dec 2013, 06:45

It is horrible Rachael, I know, and I feel for you. I already mentioned I have the same feeling of burnt skin, redness and pain with many ointments, but this comes sometimes too when I do not apply anything except a little coconut oil, it looks inflamed when I sit or walk for some time and subside if I rest.
Are you still unable to work?
You had MR imaging and the results came out fine. Did you have contrast with MR imaging?
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Dec 2013, 11:20

Hi rio,
I am back to work after having had 5 months off. I can take my mind off it better at work, but when the pain is really bad I can't concentrate on anything. Then I will need more time off again soon when I have something else done. I also had another unrelated op 4 weeks ago. This hasn't helped.... I have just noticed Rio that we have similar history. Last September I was told I had a UTI and 3 lots of Antibiotics later, I still felt like my front end was on fire and urinating was uncomfortable. I paid to see a urogynae as I was convinced I had something wrong with my bladder. I had tests etc and there was just inflammation showing in my urine samples. When I had the Botox it calmed down dramatically and I have noticed now I am in pain again, and when it is really bad I get the strange symptoms again.... The consultants are convinced it is connected as the female parts are so close to the anus. I also get sore on my front area too when the Fissures are inflamed. This is interesting..... I also spoke in depth to one of my friends who I later found out has fissures too and she said her front end gets sore too. I wonder if any other women on here get the related vaginal issues too?! I was totally dumbfounded as I have never suffered with UTI before in my life, so I wonder now if I ever had a UTI, and if the Antibiotics did some damage.

The MRI didn't show anything was wrong, he was looking for Fistula or Abscess as I was complaining about the constant pain. I do hope yours will be clear and it is just the Hems and Fissure pains. Xx :huggies: :heartthrow:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby FissureHome » 20 Dec 2013, 13:43

Be sure to take some probiotics! Always avoid antibiotics..They kill all your good bacteria..very bad...
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby rio » 20 Dec 2013, 15:03

It is good that you can work now! Hope you have a job that is interesting and not too hard :sunny: .
Do you remember, did you received any contrast agent intravenously or did you have to drink it before the MR imaging? I would like to know it, because my dr. (I have a new personal dr now) said that it depends on radiologyst s decision.
Yes, I have similar simptoms down there. This was my first real UTI (it happened in march this year) and I got antibiotic Macrobid (I can hardly speak or write the name of this poison, because it made me so sick) I took only three pills and it literary burned my stomach and intestines. Besides the pain I could not digest food, stopped eating, lost a lot of weight and it took several months to recover my digestion with diet and probiotics. And it was then that my "pain in the ass" started, just that I thought it is still UTI, went to the ER, was told there that it must be genital yeast infection and took Canesten with no effect . After many weeks I managed to locate the source of pain in anal area. The feeling of soreness in the urogenital area still comes when anal pain is severe and in last weeks it is so. I drink some uvae ursi tea and take d-manose powder which helped so far. I wish I could have d-manose earlier and tried with it first not with antibiotics.
My neighbour, a man, has 5 years of anal pain history and he told me that when he has a flair up, it hurts even when he pees.

I read about how people got fissures after antibiotics and I met two of them in my neighborhood. We all know that antibiotics kill beneficial microbes too and when it comes to the point that gut microbiota is seriously imbalanced, a whole bunch of health problems can arise. And it is not only gut microbes. I got a mild ear infection with all this too and doctor explained to me that this is because my ear canal was left without protection of good bacteria. The colon, mucosa, the skin, are all covered with bacteria and many of them are simbiotic and working with us or for us, protecting us from pathogens. And I had a lot of antibiotics in the past, sometimes for obvious viral infections. How stupid! I was slowly, digging a hole in which I am now.
I apologize for my english, it is basic especially when it comes to the use of the prepositions. I have so many theories to tell, but I write slowly and I have difficulties to express my thoughts.
And the main reason :butthurts:
:huggies:
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 Dec 2013, 14:58

Hi Rio,
I hope you haven't been in too much pain over Xmas.... No, I didn't have anything just the MRI alone. My CRS said that it was clear and a pelvic MRI will show any problems in that area. I think I took the same Antibiotic as you, and everything was burning. Absoloute hell!
I teach, so my job is quite stressful at times, but it does take my mind off the pain. I have had a few real bad days over Xmas, like I have even sliced open back there. Ugh. Please try to keep positive.There will be and end to it. Xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby rio » 28 Dec 2013, 15:35

OMG, I was hoping you are having less pain, I can imagine how bad it can be for you and I pray that we will find the way out - soon please!!! I can not wait for my MRI. Because of the holidays they did not even tell me the date of the MRI. Unfortunately I am in no less pain, but try to imagine better future.
It is interesting that you took the same antibiotic and have this problems now. I am still thinking they may be at the root of this mess.
Thank you for positive thoughts. We will beat this!
rio
VIP