New mum, just had botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New mum, just had botox injections

Postby FDP » 06 Dec 2013, 03:58

Hi all fellow fissure sufferers. I'd like to start by saying that I never believed myself to be one to ever reach out on the web for support but this horrid experience has caused me to believe that after giving birth to my son 3 months ago, something went terribly wrong and I have ended up locked in the gates of hell. I've joined this forum in hope of getting some reassurance that I am still actually on Earth and this does end in happy endings for everyone.

A combination of my lack of patience, spending a small fortune on lotions and potions and contemplating suicide, I decided to give botox injections a go and was lucky enough to have surgery 2 days after making this decision. I hope it was the right thing to do and only time will tell I guess.

I want to document my experience in a diary because I'm sick of talking about my BM's to my husband and mum and Im sure they're sick of hearing about it too! fingers crossed I will be writing a success story but if anything else, I hope that my posts will be of help to others.

To everyone out there who is also going through this, my heart goes out to you and I pray that you will all stay strong and recover quickly, never to return xx
FDP
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: New mum, just had botox injections

Postby Now66 » 06 Dec 2013, 11:44

You picked the right place and this website even has a place for diaries. No problem telling us all - we've all been or are going through it. We can even joke about. Healing from this horrid condition is possible - I for one know.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby whoknew » 06 Dec 2013, 12:22

Hi FDP, I'm new here too and also hoping for a happy ending. I'm having a hard time with the length of time it will take for healing to occur - with or without surgery - and am starting to get tired of being in bed all the time!

Hope you're having a good day.
Beatrix
whoknew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby FDP » 08 Dec 2013, 23:15

Thanks for your support guys. here's the link to my diary in case its of any help to you: botox-hoping-for-a-miracle-t7787.html ...not having the best of luck so far but hopefully it gets better soon.

Beatrix - the length of recovery amazes me also. hearing stories of people who live with this for years makes me ill. how this can ever be something anyone can get used to is beyond me. I really wish this was more publicly spoken about so everything can be done to avoid this torturous hell that no one should ever have to experience.

Ideally id like to be hospitalized and put in a coma until its all over but i doubt that's a possibility. I've actually asked the emergency department at the hospital that and they said they can't do anything because its not life threatening. i think the feeling of getting a knife up the bum and having salt rubbed in it everyday is pretty life threatening don't you?
FDP
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3