Anal Fissure + Other Health Issues

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissure + Other Health Issues

Postby smiles18 » 12 Dec 2013, 11:36

Hey guys,

I'm a bit sad and happy to be back here. Sad, because I wanted to be healed, healthy, and back to my normal life, but happy to be back in a community of sorts. I was just hoping to find someone to talk to. I feel a bit hopeless when it comes to my health. I have had multiple infections and other health problems over the last two years, and it's starting to feel like this is what my life is going to be like.

I'm only 22 years old, but over the past two years I have had: more than 2 bladder infections, one lead to a serious kidney infection, multiple colds/flus, strep throat, these damn anal fissures for the past year, and just when my anal fissure almost completely heals, I get pelvic inflammatory disease. When the doctor told me, I bursted out in tears, and both him and the nurse were surprised by my reaction. How could they act so surprised? Isn't this a disease that can cause permanent damage to a woman's reproductive system? A disease that causes many women to become infertile? Maybe I should take it as a sign that it's probably not going to cause damage, but this is still very tiring.

Now I'm on anti-fungal and antibiotics.. I have supplemented with probiotics, but I'm starting to feel that pulse down there. Man, I just don't know what to think. I am so good to my body, I honestly treat it like a temple. I barely drink (maybe 2-4 times per year), don't smoke, don't take medication unless it's absolutely required, and I eat the most restricted diet. I'm just so tired of my body breaking down after only being healthy for a week or two :(. I'm going to try to do more things to improve my overall health, but for now I am just so confused. Why do some people get so many infections and health problems, even when they are doing everything "right"? And then, there are the people who eat pizza, deep-fried food, drink excessively and smoke, and they are clean as a whistle?? It doesn't make any sense :(.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant. I just really needed to get it out, and just hoping maybe someone on this board could offer some support. Or maybe someone has had P.I.D and might be able to offer some words of wisdom. Thanks <3
smiles18
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Anal Fissure + Other Health Issues

Postby Scientist2516 » 12 Dec 2013, 13:37

Hi smiles,
I don't know. It doesn't make any sense, does it? I have always eaten a really good diet high in fruit and vegetables, lentils, brown rice etc, and never eat fast food or drink soda. I don't know why I got a fissure, and there is a strong feeling of "why me?" and "it's so unfair" that I have to battle with.
I wish I could offer some real support. I don't know anything about PID, but surely somebody here does, or has had it. I'm just really sorry you've had so much to deal with at your young age. Could you be immunosuppressed? Has anyone suggested that?
Don't apologize for ranting. That's what we are here for. Please keep posting - let us know how you are doing.
:smilyhug:
Take care of yourself!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby smiles18 » 12 Dec 2013, 13:56

Scientist, thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it <3.

No one has suggested this but I am beginning to wonder.. I don't really have a family doctor so I've been to see different doctors for different problems. Unfortunately, the doctors aren't so great, they never ask too many questions or seem to concerned about solving issues. They just seem to want to prescribe medication and get you out the door. I'm a little scared to get tested further to see if I have some sort of problem that is causing all of these infections..but I guess it would be better than thinking that I'm doing something wrong.
smiles18
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby Now66 » 12 Dec 2013, 14:40

As the Scientist says, rant away! This forum is good for that if nothing else. Could you tell us where you are located? Someone on the forum might know of a doctor more in tune with treating your problems.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15