SPASMS TODAY HURTING NEED ADVICE DAY 3 POST SURGERY

SPASMS TODAY HURTING DAY 3 POST SURGERY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: SPASMS TODAY HURTING NEED ADVICE DAY 3 POST SURGERY

Postby scared ann » 14 Jan 2014, 19:18

I think what you are feeling its part of healing. Be observant .you will feel better and better each day.are you still having problem with your BM?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 20:10

Today was a bad day. I was constipated and diarrhea. I think due to the Percocet I took yesterday. I was very careful today with my diet regimen, fiber, and stool softeners. I think the miralax gave me the diarrhea. Never again!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby scared ann » 14 Jan 2014, 20:26

Oh I'm sorry to hear that you had diarrhea . I think the Miralax don't give you diarrhea all it does was draws water into your colon.thats what my CRS told me.are you taking fiber supplement you have to watch them too because they can bulk up your stool .....
Hope you will get some relief ....
God Bless....
Last edited by scared ann on 15 Jan 2014, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby havefaith » 15 Jan 2014, 03:53

Miralax can totally cause diarrhea especially if you are not used to it.. If i even take even a quarter dose i get the runs, i use it as a laxative. If something draws a lot of water into the colon, you can bet its gonna come out sometime. Im sorry you are in intense pain. Try to keep your water high, lots of soups with veggies, ripe pears, cooked carrots and the like.
I wish you well very soon. Ask your crs if you can bump up your colace for first few weeks to kickstart the healing, then if available and better tolerated ask ur crs if benefiber or citrucel would be acceptable. They are non bulk forming.

Lastly try adding a bit of magnesium citrate to your list of supplements 125 mg at a time and see how you tolerate it. Its a good muscle relaxant and also draws water into the stool. Its ironic as im up at 4 am now spasming, waiting for LIS in 10 hours. I pray we both have a smooth recovery, have your tags healed ok?
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Postby Hatetopoop » 15 Jan 2014, 08:39

Thanks have faith! I was taking Magnesium 400 mg for something else--muscle relaxant to help with my migraines and I had to stop because it was causing me the runs. My migraines have subsided thankfully since I'm approaching perimenopause and they were triggered by my monthly cycles. It's always something! lol. Anyhow, best of luck to you today I'll be praying for you that God will speed up your recovery and heal you completely. LIS piece of cake! Keep positive and we'll get through this!

So far I'm taking one fiber pill 2x day, and 2 stool softeners 2x per day. Eating lots of soft foods too. Let's see how I did today--waiting for the first BM of the day. Good Lord let it slip right out...Amen
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby LostForWords » 15 Jan 2014, 14:03

Hatetopoop

What kind of magnesium were you taking? I find that Magnesium glycinate does nothing to my stools at all and it is one of the most efficient forms available.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby fissure75 » 15 Jan 2014, 18:08

Hi hatetopoop, I hope that you are feeling better today. I just wanted to let you know through my experiences, the sitz bath was a lifesaver. I have had two LIS procedures and my bathtub was my best friend. Good for you that you are able to manage without Percocet. The constipation that causes can be a nightmare.
fissure75

Topics: 1

Postby Hatetopoop » 15 Jan 2014, 18:28

Hi LostforWords, I was taking Magnesium vitamins from Costco 400 mg. But I had to stop because it gave me the runs.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hatetopoop » 15 Jan 2014, 18:29

HI fissure75, thanks I am feeling a little better each day. Bleeding is less and I'm only taking two advil per day for the soreness and discomfort near the tag removal site after the morning BM. Each morning is a surprise!!! I hope to nail this regimen down soon and have non eventful poops! lol Thanks for your post. I agree the constipation is not worth taking the Percocet for sure!!!!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby LostForWords » 16 Jan 2014, 02:59

Is it the softgel product? If so, that will be Magnesium oxide which acts as a somewhat powerfull osmotic laxative. You will most likely be able to take magnesium glycinate without getting the runs and with far better efficiancy on whatever you want to use it for.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12