LIS with laser on Wednesday

I need some advise.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS with laser on Wednesday

Postby Bettyblue » 13 Jan 2014, 14:10

So essentially after I healed got a re-tear this past December. I had to start yet again the nitro and the Miralax. I am feeling much better, but I decided to get the LIS. I am going to have it non the 15th with laser. Although my CRS told me that the most important thing is the experience and the hands of the surgeon. He prefer to perform the LIS with laser because is gentle with the tissues, bleed less and the recuperating time is shorter. Has any one in this forum had LIS with laser? If Yes, how was the experience? I am a little scared and terrified. I hope everything goes well. Thanks.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Re: LIS with laser on Wednesday

Postby kpain » 14 Jan 2014, 13:10

Dont worry Bettyblue. Reading stories on this forum, many AF sufferers have made it thru LIS. You will also make it. Good luck! I cannot comment on LIS with laser as I have not undergone this surgery so far.
kpain
Fibre Addict

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 13:16

HI Bettyblue, I had a LIS done 4 days ago and it was a piece of cake. I do not feel it at all. Don't be scared...Worry more about your diet and that you keep your poops soft, balancing the stool softeners, the fiber, etc..I feel more the skin tag removal and it is nothing compared to the pain of a fissure. The pain of the fissure is far worse than anything I have yet experienced. Hope this helps!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Bettyblue » 14 Jan 2014, 15:49

Thank you kpain, thank you hatetopoop, for your words. Came back from the CRS who was not concerned at all with incontinence but more with infection. He made me very scared. I have not thought at all about it :groan:. I hope every thing goes well.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Hatetopoop » 14 Jan 2014, 16:54

my CRS did not even prescribe antibiotics. Keep clean with sitz baths and dry with a hair blower to prevent infections.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14