Bleeding, how long does it last?

How long does the bleeding last

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding, how long does it last?

Postby powderblue » 21 Jan 2014, 11:05

I've had my fissure for just over a month now. 3 weeks ago I started using Diltiazem cream regularly, my BMs are not painful, but there's always blood (my stool is always soft).

How long does blood last for? I was told not to get worried, but it does freak me out every single time.

Also, while there's no pain during BM, about 15 minutes after the burning starts and then there's significant discomfort for about 4-6 hours. Brutal.
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Bleeding, how long does it last?

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 11:43

Hi power blue, sounds like your fissure is not healing. I know that pain only too well. I finally decided to have the LIS surgery. I am on day 10 of my recovery and the pain is nowhere near what I suffered the past three years. Once the creams stop working, it's time to consider. Ask your CRS if you are a good candidate and end your bleeding and suffering once and for all. LIS surgery is a piece of cake. Do not wait or let fear stop you from this surgery and it is 95% successful with curing fissures once and for all. Good luck!
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby powderblue » 21 Jan 2014, 12:28

Grrr, that's definitely sad news.
I was told that it takes 6-8 weeks, sometimes more for the fissure to heal. How do I know that it is not healing right now? And is there anything else I could be doing?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby Hatetopoop » 21 Jan 2014, 12:36

That sounds correct. Took me about 8 weeks but they come bacccckkkkk....:-(
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Bettyblue » 21 Jan 2014, 13:58

Three weeks is not so much time for your fissure to heal. It takes a lot of time. I cured my fissure. But it was a slow process. I started my treatment in April 2013. Diet+nitro+ tons of water+Miralax/Movicol. By the end may I was officially healed according to my CRS. But It was not until August that I considered myself cured(meaning I didn't have any pain, bleeding or other kind of issues). Then I had a relatively "normal time" between August and December, thanks to my strict diet. But in December I had a re-tear. It healed too. But by that time I was absolute fed up with every thing. I was having the life of a monk. The fissure have taken over my life. It was running my social life and affecting my Job. So in January 14 I had my LIS. It was a piece of cake. 6 days after and I feel wonderful. I wish I would have done it earlier. So powder blue it is possible to heal, but you have to give it time and be patient. You probably will have some set backs. Some Bleed here and there. But if you stick with your treatment you can eventually heal. Now if the time pass and you think that you are not doing any better. Go for surgery, find a good CRS. And be free!
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby powderblue » 21 Jan 2014, 14:07

Thanks... I am just wondering if every day of bleeding is even normal.
powderblue
Salt Bather

Postby Bettyblue » 21 Jan 2014, 14:33

Powder blue, everybody here is different and have different issues. What is normal for some is not normal for others. We are not doctors. You have to take everything we say here with a grain of salt. The best thing you can do is to ask your CRS or regular doctor. He or she is the only person who can assure you if your bleeding is normal or not. Take care and I hope you will be able to heal.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7