Women. LIS. Bueller?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Women. LIS. Bueller?

Postby vdb324 » 26 Jan 2014, 22:43

Okay, so I'll give this one last shot. I don't think I have ever gotten many replies.

First, if you're a woman who had LIS, I really value your input to this.
Second, if you're a woman of childbearing age who had LIS, I really, really, really need your feedback.

I go in to the CRS soon, and I'm afraid after two rounds of Botox, he's going to recommend LIS. I am very nervous being a woman of childbearing age due to some things I've read on this board. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: Women. LIS. Bueller?

Postby Bettyblue » 27 Jan 2014, 05:55

I am a 30 years old woman with no children. I just had my LIS 12 days ago and I am doing fantastic. I was like you afraid and and agonizing about the idea to have or not to have the surgery. My CRS assured me that if a LIS is well done there will be no problems at all for having children in the future or for incontinence. He told me "incontinence is the outcome of a very bad surgeon". To ease my fears he put me in contact with 2 patients of him that had children pos LIS. Both of them told me they didn't have any problems at all during pregnancy of delivery, although one of them went for a C-section, just in case. At that point I really didn't know what to do. After a lot of thinking I got to the conclusion that at the state I was I could not imagine getting pregnant at that moment or in the future any way. And the future... Not body knows what the future will bring ( there is always the possibility of a C- section, or adoption). We only know for sure our now, and my now was not very good at that moment. I just wanted to have a normal life again. So I went for the surgery and it was the best decision I could have ever make. I am very glad I did it because now I finally living a normal life.
But very body is different and what it works for some doesn't work for others. At the end the only person who can make that decision is You. Also I have noted reading the posts in this forum that every CRS have a different opinion about LIS. My CRS for example shrugged about incontinence but was very worried about infection. It is some times very confusing, there is a lot of contradictory information and some times you don't know what to do. My only advise is to find a very experienced and good CRS that you can trust. For me that's the key for a successful surgery.
I hope every thing goes well for you no matter what you do. Best of luck and take care.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Re: Women. LIS. Bueller?

Postby vdb324 » 27 Jan 2014, 06:33

Thank you so much, BettyBlue. I'm so glad to hear about your experience. When talking about it before, my CRS has recommended the LIS if the first two rounds of Botox didn't work, so he must not see too many risks compared to the benefits. He just said there's always that 5% risk of incontinence and that he wanted to try Botox first. I'll certainly ask him more, but you make a very valid point in that if I can't imagine having children now with my issue, than what difference does having this surgery make? Hopefully, it can only go up from there. Thanks again!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52