Milk of Magnesium...HELP!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Milk of Magnesium...HELP!

Postby buttgirl » 16 Nov 2007, 14:32

Fissulyna and Kim, I agree the diet is s good one, though it doesn't differ too much from my usual one. I have been about the same size and weight since I was 13 (can still fit in the same clothes and all, so I unfortunately have no need to go shopping). For me, the problem is entirely stress related. when I get stressed, I get constipated. when I got a VERY stressful job, i got a fissure. when I kept the job, I got an abscess. I still have the job and wish someone could prescribe a stress free diet!!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Nov 2007, 15:13

Well at least you have maintained a healthy weight all your life, which should bode well as you age.
Maybe a yoga class in in order for you, Chris?
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 16 Nov 2007, 15:53

I am burning!!!!!!!!!!!! Still going...and I am so sore...using Gold Bond powder....any ideas??????I am in total disbelief over this day, I am also starving, but every time I eat a piece of toast or a cracker I am running back to the bathroom. This has to end soon, sorry to continue on and on....thanks for listening!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2007, 16:10

I hope you don't get dehydrated. That is my worry. I am so sorry that the MOM advice has left you in such dire straits. Do you pass much when you go? Maybe try some gatorade? After all of this you might not go for a few days.
Well, lets cross off MOM for you. I am sorry! :*8*:
What kind of pelvic floor issues do you have?
Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2007, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Postby buttgirl » 16 Nov 2007, 16:48

You poor thing! I wonder if you have a touch of the flu?? MOM really shouldn't have that effect unless you take a lot of it. For colonoscopies Drs make you prep with a similar but stronger and much higher dose solution (phsophosoda). It has that effect.

I'm sorry too. Definitely cross that off the list for you.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Nov 2007, 17:07

oh my God :( !!!!!!! This is rally strange ! Even enemas make you go 2-3 times and thats all. Why don't you call your doctor right now and ask for advice ! I would do that now. Maybe he/she knows a trick or two ; ) !!!!! for that particular reaction. To protect your anus I would sooner use something soothing and oily -to prevent contact of poop with the irritated skin - like baby cream Densitin (zink+aloe combo- helps me nowadays like magic!!!!).
Oh, I am so sorry that this happened : (, lest us know how it is going ...
HUG
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby motherluch » 16 Nov 2007, 17:19

Thanks everyone! It is so weird, I feel fine...just lightheaded a little because I am so hungry. I actually just ran to the store to get some things to make myself a homemade pot of chicken soup. I definitely do not think I have the flu, I really think that dose was just too high for me. I take magnesium on a regular basis like I said it is called Natural Calm, it is Mag citrate...maybe the mag oxide in MOM is too harsh for me. I think MAYBE the rumbling is slowing down...just ate another piece of toast, drank 2 sips of rice water (heard that is good for diarrhea) but definitely do NOT want to constipate myself and make everything hard. I weigh about 106 and am 5'4" I usually weigh about 112...It is amazing how all of you have lost so much weight as well.
I have an off topic question...Lecia is that you in that picture on the left of the screen?? Curious...
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby motherluch » 16 Nov 2007, 17:23

Lecia,
The pelvic floor issues I have are what I think is from my awful delivery of my son 11 years ago...forceps, 100+ stitches, couldn't go to the bathroom for 2 weeks after delivery etc. Just saw a great GI Dr. in Sept. in NYC (Cybill Shepards Dr....she has IBS-C), and she said she felt I had weak muscle tone and this is why I cannot go even if there is stool in my rectum without some sort of Magnesium or something to help it move. I also have slow transit time EXCEPT FOR TODAY!!!!!!! How about you?? What pelvic floor issues do you have??
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Nov 2007, 17:31

Yes it is Lecia : ))))>, isn't she something !!!! Glad you are "slowing down" : ), all will be fine now !!!!!
HUG
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2007, 08:46

I fell down the stairs between pregnancies and bent my coccyx. It made the delivery of my last child difficult because the pelvis is mishapen. It injured the rectal branch of the pudendal nerve which has left me in near chronic pain and dysfunction for the last 5 years. I am improving but it has been slow.