Experiment with homemade cream

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Experiment with homemade cream

Postby LostForWords » 12 Apr 2014, 05:28

Hi all.

Its been some weeks since I last visited this site.
My fissures havent got any better but Im still doing my best to heal.

If you check my diary thread, you will see that I have tried a lot of things, most of which did not do much for me.

Well, the time has come to try out a homemade cream (actually, its a gel) and this thread is dedicated to the process so that you guys/gals might benefit from my findings.

The gel that I have made consists of the following ingredients

Aloe Vera gel (98 % Aloe Vera) - Organic
L-Arginine (5 %)
MSM (10%)

Im going to up the Arginine to 10% in the next batch for comparisment.

If I dont get the effects that Im after then I will try to add the following:

Organic extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
Organic Wheat grass powder

And maybe

Vitamin E
Vitamin A
Vitamin C (in the form of ascorbate as this is not acidic)

I have only been using the gel for 3 days, 2 times a day so far, but I already see some improvement.
I have a problem with infection + inflamation down there and the inflamation has improved a lot after just one day!
I have this red (inflamed) skin all around my anus but the redness has decreased significantly and the itch, soreness and pain too.
The pain and discomfort doing BM has improved too but as this is very up and down for me, it is too soon to say if this is due to the cream.

No side effects so far.

Updates will follow.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Experiment with homemade cream

Postby lefthanded » 13 Apr 2014, 06:25

Please explain the reasoning for your choice of ingredients. I would be interested to know how you chose them.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby LostForWords » 14 Apr 2014, 04:09

MSM has a multitude of possible effects that can be healing for an anal fissure. These are the ones that I can remember from the top of my head:

Reduces inflamation
Reduces infection
Makes the skin less prone to cracking when stretched
Raises your bodys ability to control allergic reactions when consuming stuff that you are allergic and/or intolerant to.
Has been proven to help chronic constipation in a large number of people
Reduces over all stress levels

L-Arginine increase bloodflow - overall when consumed orally and specifically when applied as a topical.

Wheat grass and olive oil seems to help for some when applied topically.
I dont know why this is but I suspect that the wheat grass works through it being rich in Vitamin A, E and C, which is all known to be essential parts of skin healing.
Vitamin C also increase the bioavailability of MSM when consumed orally at the same time.
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Postby LostForWords » 14 Apr 2014, 10:01

I forgot to add something about MSM.
It seems that this compound can reduce scar tissue.
Scar tissue is one thing (among quite a few things) that can make an anal fissure become chronic and stay that way as it inhibits the healing process.
MSM could therefore prove to make healing easier and theoretically it could also reduce or even eliminate skin tags (this would take several months)
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Postby lefthanded » 15 Apr 2014, 16:49

Thanks!
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby LostForWords » 18 May 2014, 09:00

Time for an update.

I have been using this product for about 5 weeks now, 1-2 times a day.
I was going for 2-3 times a day but tend to forget about it.
Still no side effects what so ever.

I have noticed the following changes in my fissure situation since starting the treatment.

Pain during BM have been less severe.

Re-tears seem to happen less often and stools that normally would cause a retear is less likely to do so.

The anti-inflamatory effects associated with this cream are amazing! I used to have an (almost) cronic inflamation around my anus which would burn, itch, sting and sometimes small scars would form around the anus. I have´nt had ANY of that for the last 3-4 weeks and so, Im pretty much down to pain during BM. When Im not on the toilet, I dont have any fissure related pain.

I have this bump/swelling at the anal opening. Steroid creams have decreased this before but the swelling returns in a matter of a few days after discontinued treatment. My homemade cream is doing just the same, just as quick and effective, but without any of the side effects from steroids AND its safe for long term treatment.
How doctors do not use MSM creams as a first line treatment for skin related inflamation is beyond me, but then again, the big pharma companies wouldnt be able to take patent on MSM which makes it more profitable to invent new drugs instead.

Skin tag size has gone down a little and is much less annoying.

I´ve been using a new recipe the last week as the gel takes a long time to dry. I dont know if being wet down there a long time every day is bad but I suspect that it could be and it feels better to be dry down there anyways.

This is the recipe that I use now. Im using a scale to measure the different ingredients, so the recipe is in grams, not ml.

100 grams of cream

60 grams of 90% Aloe Vera cream, not gel. (organic)

10 grams of L-Arginine

12 grams of MSM

8 grams of Olive oil (organic)

10 grams of Zinc oxide cream (containing 30% Zinc oxide)

I would advice anyone suffering from chronic anal fissures to give this a shot and if you do, please report back in this thread with your results.
LostForWords
Salt Bather