Freaking Out - Weird Bowel Movements

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Freaking Out - Weird Bowel Movements

Postby ohblondeone » 13 Apr 2014, 20:37

So I'm googling my problem, which probably isn't the greatest idea, because it leads to all those scary 1% possibilities. My last three BM's have been green. Has anyone had this happen? Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic that my fissure hasn't hurt at all during these but now I'm worried about the green stool.

I will say for breakfast this week I've had smoothies every day with Flaxseed oil, then for lunch I had about 3 cups of spinach with chickpeas and olive oil then for dinner grilled chicken, whole grains and then either spinach or brussell sprouts. I also drank two glasses of green tea a day on top of water.

I've read online that greens can cause green stools but I wasn't sure how long it would last. I haven't had spinach since Thursday. I went off my healthy eating this weekend.

I keep telling myself to stop freaking out but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I'm having trouble. I have an appointment with my GI in May already to relook at the fissure but now I'm worried I may need to get in sooner.
ohblondeone

Topics: 3

Re: Freaking Out - Weird Bowel Movements

Postby lefthanded » 14 Apr 2014, 02:26

Green can be caused by several things: rapid transit, ingesting foods with lots of artificial color, and natural blue/purple foods. I "see" green when I eat blackberries, blueberries, drink grape juice, or eat any food with blue food color. Why doesn't blue make blue? Because it mixes with the yellow-green of bile and changes to green. And when I say green from blue foods, I mean a hearty dark olive green. Green doesn't bother me anymore . . . but yellow-orange -- yuck that stuff. It burns.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Postby Loomis » 14 Apr 2014, 13:36

I'm not expert, but from what I know different colored stools mean almost nothing as far as serious health conditions go. The only one to watch out for would be black tarry stools, otherwise most "odd" colored stools are simply from you diet.
Loomis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby lefthanded » 15 Apr 2014, 16:48

Very pale, pasty, clay colored, foamy or floaty stools can be a sign of liver issues.
lefthanded
Salt Bather

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion