Anusol?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anusol?

Postby Loomis » 14 Apr 2014, 11:37

So I finally saw a gastro, and he prescribed anusol suppositories. I wouldn't to get advice from people on here first before using it, because I've seen people on here who are against certain medications. I also got him to prescribe me the nitroglycerin ointment, since that seems to be the most useful thing to do before considering a surgery. I will also note that apparently my fissure is very tiny now, so I think that I'm one of the few people where home treatments of sitz bath and what not was actually helping heal the fissure. Anyway, should I use the anusol, or have some of you had experiences where it made the fissure worse?
Loomis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Anusol?

Postby havefaith » 14 Apr 2014, 19:18

I too had what was considered a "tiny fissure". And found anusol supps to be more pain than good, the cream served me better in my case. Is your fissure visible superficially? Or is it inside a bit? Whatever you choose, placing something in the anus isnt causing you to retear.
Above all at this point it is key for you to keep fibre high in your diet as well as plenty of water (if u take medication that dehydrates then more water), plenty of vitamins and minerals and a good stool softener to try to avoid retears.

Also give a squatty potty a try, as well as perianal support while defocating, it puts you in the most ergonomic position to use the bathroom.

Also be mindful of any spasm you may be experiencing and be sure to report that to your crs. Good luck and any ofher questions ask, this site is amazing.
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby ut_outdoorsman » 14 Apr 2014, 20:34

If you are already recovering, as it sounds, I wouldn't use hydrocortisone. It restricts blood vessels, acting as an anti-inflammatory. If you are on the path to recovery, you want to improve circulation. You could use it in the event of a sudden flare-up, though. Just don't use it long term, as it can thin the skin due to excessive loss of circulation.
ut_outdoorsman
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Loomis » 15 Apr 2014, 14:20

Thanks guys, it was a red flag when I saw it was a hyrdocortisone medication, and I've read bad stories on here about that. This forum definitely saved me some pain because that's all my gastro wanted to prescribe, I'm the one who had to ask for nitroglycerine. It's very unfortunate that a lot of doctors are obviously very ignorant about anal fissures.

edit: I also believe my gastro said the fissure was more towards the inside. Would you guys suggest using a Q-tip to put the nitro ointment on?
Loomis
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby havefaith » 15 Apr 2014, 15:06

Try gently pushing it up with the pad of ur finger like pushing toothepaste thru a crack in cement almost, this worked best for me if its hurting u a lot chances are its not going to work in the long run. Also do look into a squatty potty as well as perianal support while defocating. Info on both can be found on this site.
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14