Any help or advice please?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Any help or advice please?

Postby HEHT » 11 May 2014, 11:58

Hi everyone.

I've never joined anything list this before but have read a few posts and it's really helped overcome some of my issues and worries about fistulas so I'm glad I found the site!

I had a fistulotomy done 4 weeks ago now and just having a couple of symptoms which I'd like some advice on if anyone can help...

My fistula was superficial (in fact the CRS didn't think it had gone all the way through) and has been healing well - district nurses come each day to pack the wound. They are happy it's healing well and what was about 1.5cm deep is now less than a .5cm and nearly closed at the top.

However, this morning I had a BM and when I wiped I noticed fresh bright red blood coming from the wound. Not very much but def fresh blood. Is this normal?

I've also noticed (over the past week or so) some little specks in the discharge? The discharge still seems a bit yellowish and sticky but the nurses say no sign of infection, really clean wound bed.

I am so anxious as it's been going on since I had my baby. 7 months ago (an infected episiotomy and perianal abscess etc) I just want to heal and move on.

If anyone could give me any advice as to whether this type of discharge is normal is really appreciate it.

Thank you!
HEHT

Topics: 1

Re: Any help or advice please?

Postby Savaici » 12 May 2014, 19:26

:wel: Glad that you are healing!

Can't help with much except to say that from what I have read, discharge is normal after fistula. Still, if you are worried, the best person to talk to is your doctor

We have, as part of the forum, a section about fistula surgery. There is a lot there, and the search facility on here (above between FAQ and Portal) is fantastic and worth a try.

Hope someone will come along with a little more help!

All the best.

Sav
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222