Bummed...literally

Fissure resurfacing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bummed...literally

Postby Midwestgirl » 22 May 2014, 09:11

I had the Botox about a month and a half ago and had been feeling really great! No pain when having a bowel movement (when I take Miralax...which was every night) and a few days ago I started to get some pain again. I had three fissures, and the pain is only in one spot now, which is better than before. I am bummed that the pain is back at all.

I was wondering if anyone had this happen and what the next steps are?

I made an appointment with my surgeon for a few days from now, and I really don't want to have to get surgery.
Midwestgirl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Bummed...literally

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 May 2014, 10:18

Hi Midwest Girl,
My story sounds very similar to yours.... I had 3 Fissures at my worst point, was hell depressed and just wanted to end it all. I had the Botox last April, I had some improvement, healed 1 Fissure, but the other 2 monsters keep re-tearing. I've just had pressure test and I'm on my second CRS. Don't give up, there will be a solution, one way or another. I'm waiting to see if I can have LIS, if not not sure what the next plan will be. These days I can cope when I'm having good days, but when I'm in re-tear hell, I go into pain and sadness all over again. I've totally overhauled my diet and take Magnesium and Movicol. I get the dread daily, what is my BM going to be like? Am I going to be in pain? I just can't deal with this, hence why I'm pushing the CRS to sort me out! Keep pushing for a solution, you may need LIS, as Botox is a temporary solution, and the Fissures may be too chronic for it to heal, or you may have a high resting pressure which stops healing. Maybe take a list of questions with you, I'm useless when I get in there! I forget everything. Good luck, don't give up, there will be an end to this. Xxxxx

:smilyhug: :afsmile:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Midwestgirl » 22 May 2014, 10:27

Hi Rachel, thank you for your response! Have you thought about getting a second round of Botox? I know some other people on this site have had it done, and I was wondering what you thought about that. I really want to avoid LIS if possible and am terrified of the side effects.
Midwestgirl
Fibre Addict

Postby Apes » 22 May 2014, 10:54

Midwest girl, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain again. I had Botox 18 days ago and have been feeling good the last 5 or so. I'm terrified that one day I will retear. This morning I had an active day and have mild discomfort in my left cheek. How long did you have the fissure before you got Botox? I also really did not want to get surgery. If this first round of Botox doesn't heal it I will make the decision on surgery or more Botox based on pain level and what my CRS sees.
Hope you are only having a temporary setback, the Botox should still be working.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Midwestgirl » 22 May 2014, 12:47

Hi Apes, I had my fissures for 3.5 months before I had botox. Before this set back I had zero pain as long as I kept my BMs soft, so I hope you're right and that this is only temporary. I am terrified and hope its not a full retear. How have you been since your botox?
Midwestgirl
Fibre Addict

Postby Apes » 22 May 2014, 13:46

It's been 18 days, it was rough Start, I think anytime they mess down there it creates issues. The lSt 5 days have been really good. No pain during or after BMS. Slight dis comfort otherwise. It actually feels like its healing, I can feel he BM pass the fissure but it seems smaller. I do have a external hemmy that is creating small problems but I ice it and it goes down. Keep us posted and fight the good fight. Remember it takes time.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Rachael 1984 » 22 May 2014, 14:19

Hi MWG,
Not too sure about a second round...... The first CRS, messed around too long, it will be 2 years in Sept since it all started. He did the Botox last April, and on my follow up he left me to try and heal again.... If I'd have had another round then, maybe I would have stood a chance. My new CRS doesn't use the Botox, as he said it's only a temporary fix! I can't win.
Some people on here have healed with Botox, I think it depends on how far gone the Fissure is too. Good Luck. Keep us posted. Xxxx

Good to hear Apes, you are doing well with the Botox.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!