Fissurectomy and exercise

Seeking advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissurectomy and exercise

Postby Flaneur » 06 Jun 2014, 07:31

I had botox done yesterday and had a look there today- it seems that I've gone from the CRSnot being able to see the fissure in his office, to him finding one in theatre (he told me he found a sizeable one) and now a large, very obvious fissure at 12 o'clock (is that anterior?). From this, I'm assuming he's done a fissure tommy along with the botox.

Ay recommendations on exercise? I like to swim in a chlorinated pool and I often sit in the spa (hot tun) or sauna afterwards. Should I avoid this until I'm healed? What about other gym work, like treadmill, light weights, elliptical, yoga, etc?

I would have asked the CRS but I thought he only did botox! I signed a consent saying I agreed to fissurectomy and botox but stupidly assumed that would be unlikely and he would just jab me and it would be over:( now it's a long weekend so I can't even call him until Tuesday. I just want to speed the healing as fast as possible.

Any advice welcome!
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Fissurectomy and exercise

Postby Apes » 06 Jun 2014, 10:59

I'm not sure I would assume he did fissurectomy. I think he might of told you when he described the fissure. I would take it easy for the next several days. As you start feeling better you can start to do things. My Botox didn't kick in for 5-7 days and even after that I still had some pain. It's not until now 33 days in that I'm starting to feel more normal. I kept as low key as possible, there's no way I want to anger this monster. I took small walks and that's about it, recently I played a little golf. Go slow give it time to hill.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Flaneur » 07 Jun 2014, 07:37

Thanks Apes. The "new" fissure is bigger than anything I've had before, and he couldn't see any fissures in his office only hours before the procedure. That's why I feel it might have been a fissurectomy. Or I'm thinking i could have torn from the enema (it certainly hurt going in) or the poking about with the surgery.
How did you know it had kickedd in? I return to teaching at 8 days post botox and am worried ill suddenly have more uncontrollable gas, urgency or incontinence when it kicks in :(
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Apes » 07 Jun 2014, 13:29

The pain start to subside and I also stRted to get different sensations down there
Like a heavyness when I walked. The only time gas escapes is when I sneeze, but only when I'm lying down. As for BMS just don't try to hold them in. When I have to go I need to get to the bathroom quickly. Good luck, 8 days should work fine. Keep us posted
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17