Balancing Food/Supplement Fiber, Stool Softeners, Calories

Stressed out!!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Balancing Food/Supplement Fiber, Stool Softeners, Calories

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Jun 2014, 18:48

I've been getting about 30g of fiber from food (mostly oat bran, fruits, vegetables, flax seed, almond milk) since I started keeping track. The few days I was a little short I took a dose of benefiber to hit 30g. The days I get it all from food, do I need to still take some benefiber? I'm so afraid to go too much over 30g because the two times I've bled was after eating close to 40g the day before.

Miralax - should I take it even if my stools aren't hard? Today I had one BM that was just right, and then later, one that was a little too loose for comfort. Wouldn't miralax make them even looser? But I keep reading how everyone swears by it.

I'm so stressed out about all of this! I feel like I'm eating all the time, I'm full, but because of the types of food I'm gettting less than 1000 calories a day. I've lost nearly 10lbs that I didn't have to lose.

Any advice???
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Re: Balancing Food/Supplement Fiber, Stool Softeners, Calori

Postby manu » 04 Jul 2014, 11:01

anal fissure is an ischemic ulcer resulting from tear in anal mucosa and is non healing due to poor blood supply in anus ,so to get a completely healed ulcer you should take a diet rich in fibre as well as you should give good blood supply to the fissure.This can be acheived by nitroglycerine,nefidepine or diltiazem gel.Apply any one of these medications in to the anus with the help of an applicator or just with a cotton ear bud.Do this for minimum 6 weeks along with fibre rich food.
manu