Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Use

What is the correct application of coconut oil?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Use

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 04 Jul 2014, 07:45

Hi. I have been reading through posts that extra virgin organic coconut oil helps to alleviate the burning feeling that follows a bowel movement or just generally helps to heal the fissure. I received a order of this in a 32oz container from Viva Labs. My wife said the smell is really good and may mean that it is high quality stuff. Anyway, I started applying this immediately before and after a bowel movement today.
Since it was melted when I received it I put it in the refrigerator to solidify it and then took it out to store at room temp.
I applied only a very small amount to my index finger all around down to the first knuckle and then smoothed it on the outside of the anus and immediately inside about a quarter to half an inch. It was easier to apply this internally prior to a BM since everything was dilated. Afterwards it seemed a little tight. Should I be applying the oil deeper? I have no idea where the anal fissure is internally and how far up it goes. How does the coconut oil heal something internally if the cut is not close enough to where the oil is being applied? Just a little confused about how to really use this stuff. Also, would using the coconut oil in food help to heal the fissure?

Thanks
Deleted User 3641

Re: Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Use

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 04 Jul 2014, 07:55

Sorry. The search on this site only seemed to bring up a couple of references to coconut oil. I saw that there was a separate section on this topic under diet which has very similar questions.
Deleted User 3641

Re: Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil Use

Postby Asore Arseagain » 09 Jul 2014, 04:01

Hi, it sounds like you're applying it fine. I let it solidify a bit too, then inserted a small lump of oil inside and massaged some around the outside. I did also eat a spoonful of the oil here and there, as it does ease bowel movement coming out. You can also se the oil in frying as its v good for you, and it has a high heat resistance whereas other oils when heated become carcinogenic coconut oil doesn't, so its an all round good thing! AA
Asore Arseagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6