Kenalog

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Kenalog

Postby Keesia » 07 Aug 2014, 08:55

Thanks, Jsingh, but I'm not USA citizen, so I think I wouldn't get American insurance.

Actually I should travel all the way from the other side of the world to get this treatment, since there are no other doctors who do Kenalog treatment... I already checked how much does it cost to travel to NY and stay in hotel. And then there are the costs to have Kenalog. I have to save money for this if there is no other treatment that works for me.

Anything to get my life back. Even if I should travel to other side of the world.
Keesia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jsingh » 07 Aug 2014, 09:49

I am sorry I did not realise this.This kenalog procedure In my opinion is still experimental and even though so far has good success it has not really been accepted by the majority of the surgeons,and besides nobody knows the long term follow up.In my opinion there is nothing wrong with getting lis done if performed by a competent experienced colorectal surgeon in most parts of the world....that is the key..having said that where you you feel comfortable is of course your decision ...I had lis done twice in usa with not so great results..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Keesia » 08 Aug 2014, 02:53

Thanks, Jsingh, you gave me more confidence to write in English. It's not my first language, so I use to worry if I make very bad grammar errors; I don't want to be misunderstood or, even worse, insult someone. So it's good to know I have written English apparently quite well.

Yes, I have thought about that, there's not the long term follow up. But still I would try Kenalog before having LIS which would be the last chance.

It would be so great if there were more doctors who could heal AF by using Kenalog. But the only doctors work in USA, so there's no other chance than travel if I want to have that treatment. Still it would be difficult for me to go to USA, since the trip would take many hours by an airplane (would my butt survive?), I would spend lots of money (what about if Kenalog doesn't work for me?) and I would have to communicate in English (I would be very nervous in the hospital, so speaking not my first language would make me even more nervous).

Now I've used diltiazem a month. I got couple of re-tears yesterday, but luckily they are kinda small - not as bad as re-tears I had couple of weeks ago. I don't have so much spasms when I use diltiazem, but I don't think diltiazem will fully heal me. I'm going to see a doctor in September. Maybe next I could try Botox. I also want to keep trying with acupuncture. If these treatments won't work, maybe it's time for a Kenalog-trip to USA then. But I have to save money first.
Keesia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby SSK » 09 Aug 2014, 05:33

Hi Jsingh,

Sorry to hear that your son has to go through this also. But it's fantastic that kenalog worked for him. Wishing him a speedy full recovery.
How are you doing with your pelvic issues? I started physiotherapy for mine recently, so we'll see how it goes. Are you feeling any better? Is the pain less frequent? If you don't mind sharing, what is the location of your pain? Mine is only in my left butt in the center and also near then tailbone.

Thanks,
Ssk
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Jsingh » 09 Aug 2014, 11:16

It is indeed wonderful that my son seems to have shown an almost complete recovery.As far as my symptoms are concerned I have this intense pressure feeling high up in the rectum as if everything has shut down.It gets very uncomfortable as I cannot even pass gas during this time period of four to five hours.After this things gradually start relaxing but never all teh way.In addition I have this constant warm to mild burning feeling around the anal opening which by itself is not bad but because it is constant ,after a while does take a toll mentally.In addition when I get the pressure feeling it tightens up my left buttock also far away from the anal opening.All in not a comfortable feeling.I saw feingold and he wanted to do a re-examination under full general anesthesia and also advised electrogalvanic stimulation of the muscle.Since I do not have any issues with bleeding or painful bowel movements and since he said the examination would most likely be normal I do not want to take any chances of re injury.I also had ten physiotherapy sessions but were useless.
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby SSK » 09 Aug 2014, 12:44

The left buttock pain seems to be the common thing with pelvic issues I guess. My therapist has done mild finger massaging inside the rectum but it only leaves the area more irritated for me. I like the stretches she taught me to do. She feels like there is no general time frame for how soon I will see the results. I don't know...it's such a frustrating thing to treat. I can go from minimal to no pain to excruciating pain in a matter of days and it's so confusing. It's like suddenly the muscles in my left butt become stiff and painful.
Good luck to you and your son!
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby mmklinemm » 13 Aug 2014, 18:23

Jsingh - How is your son?

jlm1 - How did your consult go with Dr. Kong?

I hope everyone is doing well and healing!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Jsingh » 13 Aug 2014, 22:25

My son is now pain free and spasm free....he goes back to the CRS in about a month...nothing much to report...thank god for that..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby mmklinemm » 13 Aug 2014, 22:42

That's such great news!!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby jlm1 » 15 Aug 2014, 20:22

So glad that your son is doing well! That is great!

mmlkinemm- sorry it took me so long to report back. I haven;t gone to see DR Kong yet. Decided to hold off a few weeks and see if the botox will work. The CRS was optimistic. I don't know though....i've had some bad days and some good days. Sometimes I think I should just have the darn LIS but I really want that to be the last resort.......and i'm already worrying about re tearing.....and I haven't even healed yet. ugh....I feel like I will worry about this and what I eat for the rast of my life and always live in fear of re tearing. All very positive, I know :)
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22