Kenalog

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Kenalog

Postby Apes » 16 Aug 2014, 11:09

jlm1, Some good days is a good sign. You are still early into botox. Have you noticed any change in BM, like urgency to go and you can't hold it back? That would be sign that the botox is working.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby jlm1 » 16 Aug 2014, 13:42

Hi Apes,
Since I had the botox I think 3 weeks ago now, I figured that I should be experiencing the full effects. Monday, I saw my CRS who was optimistic, said it was healing but didn't look that far up. Which was fine with me. Tuesday and Wednesday were bad days....I almost changed my mind and thought I should have had the damn surgery. Then Thursday was ok, Friday was ok and today I did normal things like take my kid to the park, walk a little. I did notice thought that in the morning when I have to go, I have to go! I think it was the other day I was trying to get my coffee ready so I could have help with a nice bm and I sort of farted and some poop came out so I had to run to the bathroom immediately. I guess that could be a good sign. This morning my bm was not hard but I had some more pain after. I had another bm this afternoon and used a valium suppository and have been ok.But I have been laying down.
This is just the slowest and worst thing I have ever dealt with. I just want this friggin thing healed.....I'm so paranoid about what I eat and worried about accidently doing something I will pay for dearly. Hoping to be able to go back to work in 2 weeks. My doctor said this botox should last a year but everything I have read says a few months. She also was skeptical about the kenelog procedure. Doesn't agree with he cauterizing I guess. But she encouraged me to get a second opinion, said it couldn't hurt. Actually, she said that of this new kenelog procedure works that maybe she would change her practice, lol
For the time being, I am going to see how I do with botox. I see her again on the 25th but I'm hesitant about her taking a look. I guess I'll wait and see how I feel then. There is just so much one can do without going crazy with this!! I don't mind the change in diet so much, nice that old clothes are fitting :)
I haven't even healed yet and am already worried about re tearing since that seems like an easy thing to do.
How have you been feeling? Hope good and pain free!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Apes » 16 Aug 2014, 21:28

Jlm1, you are making progress. That when you have to go, you have to go is the Botox totally relaxing the sphincter, that will stop the spasm and lead to better days. For me that still meant waking two hours before I had to leave the house. Would have that first BM immediately upon waking then have my coffee and breakfast and a second BM sometime after that. Not having to look after anyone but myself I was able to take my time and gave a warm bath after that second BM AND CLEAN UP PROperly, including a blow dryer on my ass. It's not easy but it's easier without the pain. As for you next doctors appointment and an internal exam here were my thoughts when it came to me. I'm dying to know if I'm healed but the exam serves no purpose in helping me heal. He it's healing the doctor will say it looks good and do nothing. If not he will say give it more time and do nothing. Your level and frequency of pain is your best guide as to what is going on.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Jsingh » 27 Aug 2014, 22:48

Just a follow up to my sons fissure treatment with kenalog......has been totally symptom free...closing in on two months....hopefully long term results are as good...
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby mmklinemm » 28 Aug 2014, 06:16

Thank you for keeping us updated! I'm very interested in this procedure. My husband and I have discussed exploring kenalog before LIS. I think it might worth the expense of a few trips to NYC.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Apes » 28 Aug 2014, 07:29

Thanks, this is a very important procedure that people (and Doctors) need to learn about.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Idontknow » 12 Dec 2014, 22:14

Jsingh,

I am also thinking to have kenalog surgery. Can you tell me more about it? I really need an experienced person ??
Idontknow
Fibre Addict

Postby Jsingh » 13 Dec 2014, 18:06

Idontknow !
I sent you an email last night..
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby thisunpleasant2 » 13 Dec 2014, 22:58

Just wanted to add to this thread, for those who asked about the cost without insurance. I spoke with Feingold's office and apparently the Kenalog procedure, done in hospital, costs around 35,000 dollars. Most of those are hospital fees.
thisunpleasant2
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Jsingh » 14 Dec 2014, 00:07

The stated cost of 35000$ is very high...most hospitals give large reductions in fees for non insured patients...I know of instances where a cardiac surgery is done for a lot less than 35000$ for cash paying patients...one could call the hospital and discuss with them about the financial situation and negotiate a lower fee...or they may even help you get a state funded insurance...
Jsingh
Salt Bather