update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

update

Postby jlm1 » 30 Jul 2014, 11:45

Hi all,

I had botox injections this past Friday, so today is day 5. I thought things were finally starting to improve as I had a pretty good day yesterday. Low pan level and even was able to take a nice long walk. But now today I am back in pretty bad pain. Have had to take 2 valium just to take the edge off. My BM this morning was nice and soft. Didn't really hurt when going but then started hurting immediately after. I soaked in a hot tub as usual and tried to apply ointment. My anus was so tight that I couldn't even get a finger tip in there. Then I noticed while poking around a bit that I felt a hard small like bump kind of nest to my external hemorrhoid, by the opening of my anus. (sorry for all the graphic info but I'm just so over this). I'm waiting for my doctor to call me back. I know she said to give the botox a week to start working but todays pain is just bad and makes me feel like i'm going in the wrong direction. I'm avoiding all foods really; just eating fruits, lots of veggies and a small amount of lean protein. I'm doing the prune juice, aloe vera juice, magnesium, collace. Could that hard bump be an abscess? Has that happened to anyone? Could id be a pimple form a clogged pore? Because I have also been liberally applying this herbal cream to the area so maybe that could clog a pore in that area?
I'm trying to stay positive but this had taken over my life. As I know it has for many of you as well. Hope you are all finding some relief and comfort. What an unlucky bunch we are!! Sorry for my negativity :(
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: update

Postby Apes » 30 Jul 2014, 11:58

Jim1, sorry to hear you are having such a bad day. The tight anus probably means the botox has not kicked in fully. Remember you are going to have to measure your improvement week by week. I think it is pretty normal to have a good day and then a bad one early on. Keep up with the good eating and hygiene I believe it will pay off.
My first BM after botox was very hard and painful, my external hem swelled up huge, almost thrombosed. I soaked in the tub and applied ice to get the swelling down, eventually it worked. Almost 3 months later I still have a small external hem, but it is not causing any problems. Hopefully, the doctor can you peace of mind. Botox has a way of making hems a little worse early on. You are on the right track, try to be patient, I know its tough. You want the botox to work immediately, I felt the same way. This forum helped me get through those days. Good luck
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby jlm1 » 30 Jul 2014, 12:07

Thanks, Apes.....I appreciate your encouragement. This can feel so isolating because I really feel like some of my friends just don't get the pain I'm in or how debilitating it is. I"m a teacher and am just hoping that I will be okay by the ned of August!! I can't imagine working under these circumstances. Hope you have a good day!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Apes » 30 Jul 2014, 12:11

Nobody understands the pain, especially not the doctors. If not for realizing I have a family that loves me and this forum, bad thoughts crossed my mind. You are not alone, we are here for you, for help, advise or just vent. you will get through this.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Alyssa » 30 Jul 2014, 13:28

Jlm1,

We all have had our ups and downs too trust me, I break down all the time.. because I dot understand what they hell did I do to deserve this! I really hope that you do get some relief by August.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26