HELP!!! Impacted Stool & Fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

HELP!!! Impacted Stool & Fissure

Postby sababa » 31 Jul 2014, 17:09

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading this post.

I am desperately looking for help, advice, ideas etc.

I have been diagnosed with a fissure 3 weeks ago and ever since i am suffering from impacted stool that makes passing stool very painful. It is always the 1st part of the stool that comes out like a group of REALLY hard pieces stuck together, after that everything comes out a bit easier. I am afraid it is stopping the fissure from healing and the pain is also difficult.

I am drinking a lot of water, taking Konsyl twice a day, eating lots of fruits and vegetables.

Please help, anyone with good info

:thanx:
sababa
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: HELP!!! Impacted Stool & Fissure

Postby sababa » 31 Jul 2014, 17:19

Also, is a juice diet recommended to ease imputed stool or will it cause stool to be too liquify and harm the fissure? thx
sababa
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 31 Jul 2014, 17:31

You might want to try Miralax or Milk of Magnesia. Sounds like you might be taking too much fibre. 35g of fibre for a man daily and 30g for a woman daily is sufficient. A fissure sends everything into spasm in the anus/rectum.

Have a read at this link: http://www.webmd.com/ibs/irritable-bowe ... ive-safety

Also, quite a few posts on here about fibre and constipation. Impacted stool can require you to go the ER and have it removed. Not a pleasant experience. You could get glycerine suppositories to help too, if you are impacted. also, can recommend a Sitz bath. I would not recommend just drinking juice. Will just make things more difficult in the end, excuse the pun.

Good luck.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jlm1 » 31 Jul 2014, 21:27

Sorry that you are suffering with this. I have been dealing with a fissure since early June and it has pretty much put my life on hold.I don't have any advice about impacted stool. I have had times where I felt that the stool was right there but not coming out. I never, ever push. (I have also had hemorrhoids pretty much my whole life so I'm very careful. Nothing has compared to the pain of this fissure though) When that has happened I usually try to walk around, drink prune juice, take mirolax and wait for the urge to go.
IN terms of diet, I am still figuring that one out. I have always been a healthy eater, balanced, a runner, etc. I think I got my fissure from a hard stool due to constipation that I have had my whole life. Even though I am usually very careful about having leafy greens, etc. Anyway, since this fissure I have tried many things: not eating which doesn't work. Only having broth which also doesn't work. In both instances I still had to have BM's. Then I tried lots of fiber and I think that has been making me go to much. I also take 3 stool softeners a day, 4 or 5 magnesium, a few prunes, prune juice at night, a ton of water. I am now going to lay off the fiber a bit and stick to more easily digested foods (eggs, oatmeal, yogurt) This is a new idea and my mom who is a nurse thinks this may be best. Who the heck knows though?! Every one responds differently to different things. I can be in pain for 5 hours after a BM so I would like to not have many in a day, if possible. Another complication is that I am getting my period and I am so afraid that this is going to set me back. I had botox injections last Friday and am waiting for them to take full effect. I'm hoping this helps this damn fissure heal. This pain is far worse than labor in my opinion!!
Sorry if I'm not much help to you. Just thought I'd share what I have been trying. It has been super helpful for me to read posts on this forum using the search button. Maybe that can help you. IN any case, good luck!! I do hope that you are out of pain soon and that you heal. Keep us posted!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby sababa » 01 Aug 2014, 02:05

Savaici wrote:You might want to try Miralax or Milk of Magnesia. Sounds like you might be taking too much fibre. 35g of fibre for a man daily and 30g for a woman daily is sufficient. A fissure sends everything into spasm in the anus/rectum.

Have a read at this link: http://www.webmd.com/ibs/irritable-bowe ... ive-safety

Also, quite a few posts on here about fibre and constipation. Impacted stool can require you to go the ER and have it removed. Not a pleasant experience. You could get glycerine suppositories to help too, if you are impacted. also, can recommend a Sitz bath. I would not recommend just drinking juice. Will just make things more difficult in the end, excuse the pun.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your advice. Can too much fiber cause constipation/impacted stool?
sababa
Fibre Addict

Postby sababa » 01 Aug 2014, 02:11

Thanks jlm1 for sharing your story and advice regarding this.

It is probably the most inconvinient physical discomfort i ever experienced.

I am using Konsyl fiber and someone told me to try BeneFiber so i will get some tomorrow and try it.

My fissure already got better (with prescribed cream) but unfortunately the impacted stool prevents it from healing and probably reverses it every time i have to struggle.

I wish you, everyone suffering from this and myself a quick recovery and back to normal life!

cheers
sababa
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 01 Aug 2014, 03:44

Movicol/mirilax is very reliable at producing a soft stool from start to finish x I would highly recommend it.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Keesia » 01 Aug 2014, 04:10

I use Microlax-enemas for this problem. I buy these products from a drug store.

I don't say enemas bought from a drug store are good for health if you continue using them for long time, but for me it has been better than the pain. I would like to get rid of enemas too, because I'm worried if they are good for my health. Or could try only water enemas, it would be much healthier, I think.
Keesia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2