Gay, depressed & confused.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Gay, depressed & confused.

Postby trymcnl » 31 Aug 2014, 15:13

I've been lurking on this forum as well as scouring the internet for people in situations similar to mine, but unfortunately haven't found any good news. About 2 months ago, I was masturbating anally when I felt a sharp pain on the side of my rectum. A couple weeks went by and I visited my doctor about what I assumed were hemorrhoids. He felt around and prescribed some hydrocortisone suppositories. Looking back I can't tell if they actually helped or if it was all in my head. I felt slight twinges of pain when I would maybe roll over in bed or sit up, something that I've figured out now were spasms. My primary care physician referred me to a GI doctor who prescribed me Rectiv, but also didn't see anything after a sigmoidoscopy. I've never had any bleeding, and the pain has never been too severe, just an annoyance, dull and throbbing. I also can't see anything when I examine myself as I'm pretty sure the fissure is further in rather than on the surface of the anus. The pain is only heightened when I think about my situation as a gay male who is passive/receptive. I'm terrified that I'll never be able to have anal sex (I injured myself as a virgin), as I've never read any success stories about gay males overcoming their fissures and being able to enjoy sex post-surgery. Looking for advice/support as I've been making myself sick thinking about this for the past two months.
trymcnl

Topics: 3

Re: Gay, depressed & confused.

Postby jlm1 » 31 Aug 2014, 18:59

hey there,
So sorry that you are having a bad time. To be honest, I don't really have much advice for you. Just wanted to reach out and tell you to hang in there. It sounds like you hurt yourself inside your anus and I am kinda surprised that the doctor didn't see anything. I might try another CRS and have them look again. Pain is an indicator that something isn;t right. As for the other stuff, maybe try to take it one day at a time and no think about your future sex life. Try to deal with what's going on right now and take care of yourself. I have found that hot baths helps, high fiber diet and again, maybe you should see another doctor. Find a good CRS. I'm not a gay man but keep talking, share here. I;m sure you are not alone! Good luck and hang in there!!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Scientist2516 » 31 Aug 2014, 22:41

Hi trymcnl
I'm sorry you are in pain. I think you have a really good chance of healing, since your fissure (if it is one) is not caused by high anal resting pressure, or Crohn's or anything like that. If the injury was caused by a trauma, it should heal.
Be very careful about your diet, keep your stools soft, drink plenty of water and use the rectiv. See your GI doctor if you don't get better quickly, because the faster you cure this thing, the more chance it won't become chronic and recur.

Fissures are awful for everyone, but of course they are particularly a problem for gay men. You need to be extra careful of yourself. If you aren't having sex yet, that makes it easier to abstain until your rectum is fully healed. Then you will need to warn partners to be very gentle and careful.

Take care!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby jay2502 » 08 Sep 2014, 10:50

i am in a similar situation. have not had any surgery and not had sex for 2 years, i know thats not what you want to hear, but nothing can go near by bottom as it just would'nt be pleasureable anymore.
you will need to start 'topping', OR wait it out, but do not have sex 'down there' whilst you are still hurting as it will make it worse.
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20