botox update and question!

fissures and babies

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

botox update and question!

Postby jlm1 » 18 Sep 2014, 04:34

Hi everyone,

I'm about 2 months post botox injections and it seems as though it's working. Pain is just about gone, although I'm still intensely careful about what I eat and ned time to do my bathroom routine in the morning. I'm also afraid of having to have a bm outside the house, but I guess I will at some point. I'm also using a combo ointment:hydro, dlit, lido and taking a bunch of supplements. (Are any of these really working? I have no idea.)
I have hemmorhoids too, one on the outside but it is not giving me trouble thank god. Recently I have noticed some other kinds of bump think right by the opening. From all mr reading here I have figured that this may be a skin tag. It's been bothering me, hurting at times. But no where near the pain I was experiencing with the fissure. I see the CRS Monday so I guess I will find out for sure because I do think I am going to let her examine me. I want her to see of this damn thing is really healing. Is it even possible for the fissure to still be very bad but for botox to be masking the pain? I hope not! I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard at times. I never want that horrible pain to return. I'm sure you guys all feel the same way.

So here is my question for the ladies! I have an almost 2 year old (who I actually wound up having c section after labor and pushing but that's another story) I can't believe that I went through pregnancy, labor and pushing without getting a fissure and then a hard stool rips me one! I guess that is more a result of a lifetime of constipation issues. Anyway, I want to have another baby.......was actually trying when I got this fissure in May. I know I have to let this heal before getting pregnat again. I'm afraid that my rear end will never be the same again. I'm terrified of the fissure returning while I am pregnant. Even though I had no issues with my first pregnancy (the hemmorhoids even behaved themslves) I know each pregnancy is different. Any one relate? Have similar experience? Have baby after fissure?

Sorry for the long post. Would love any feedback on any of the topics mentioned :) Hope everyone is ok and has a great day
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: botox update and question!

Postby Sakura1 » 18 Sep 2014, 14:34

Glad to hear it all seems to be going in the right direction for you :)

Have you had a look on the mumsnet forum to ask about fissures and pregnancy? I think it would be a good resource for you.
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Alyssa » 18 Sep 2014, 15:58

I'm happy to hear that your pain has subsided.. Unfortunately I am unable to give you advice on your question... Hopefully your fissure has healed and that the Botox is not masking anything...
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Savaici » 18 Sep 2014, 21:04

Welcome to the Forum Jim1. I think that Sakura1 came up with a good suggestion with mumsnet, though there are some posts on here too from mums with fissures. Try using our Search. It can be found just under the photo at the top and you can search by topic, etc there.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby jlm1 » 19 Sep 2014, 04:37

Thanks for responses!
Actually, now I am not sure if this new thing is a skin tag or another hemmorhoid! It's kinda bumpy and in the 6 oclock position (and I know that is where my fissure is inside). I already have a hemmorhoid at 12;00 so that area is just a hot mess!! Good lord.......at least I am not i terrible pain. Just a little. But I really want this whole thing to be over :( As I am sure everyone does.
Thanks for listening
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 19 Sep 2014, 15:49

That sucks JLM1. Hopefully things heal up quickly for you and you are able to have another child as you desire. Sorry I can't be of any help there as I have not had kids.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Sep 2014, 20:44

Whether the bump is a sentinal pile or hemorrhoid, a little hydrocortisone should help. I noticed a bump a few years ago, and when I asked my OBGYN about it she said it was an anal fissure. I now realize it was a sentinal pile and I must have had an easy fissure during/after my pregnancy. She recommended applying hydrocortisone if it ever bothered me. Sometimes it would flare up and feel irritated. Just a few applications would shrink it down to almost nothing. This was long before my beast of a posterior fissure. How I miss those days when I was oblivious to what an AF really was! ;)

Good luck! I'm so happy to read things are going better for you!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Apes » 21 Sep 2014, 08:58

Actually, now I am not sure if this new thing is a skin tag or another hemmorhoid! It's kinda bumpy and in the 6 oclock position (and I know that is where my fissure is inside). I already have a hemmorhoid at 12;00 so that area is just a hot mess!! Good lord.......at least I am not i terrible pain. Just a little. But I really want this whole thing to be over :( As I am sure everyone does.
Thanks for listening[/quote]

Jlm, I was exactly the same after Botox. I would almost be positive it's a sentinel tag. Does it hurt if you push on it? If yes I would say sentinel tag. I also have a hem on the side since Botox still have it but much smaller and also have a sentinel tag that hurts if I push on it. Lately I believe it to had shrunk. It's coming up on 5 months since I had Botox, and I'm not sure if the fissure is totally healed, but I have my life back. I still get up 2 hours before I need to go out but that's ok. I recommend you stay on the plan that has gotten you this far, just think of the pain. I'm still very careful in what I eat but have brought back foods slowly without an issue.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby jlm1 » 21 Sep 2014, 12:58

Thanks Apes, I was going to specifically ask you since you are ahead of me with botox.
It's not terribly painful but it's uncomfortable. It as about the size of a pea, hard and it does hurt a bit when I press on it. It is literally right by the anal opening.......I haven't had painful bm's but cleaning after is not easy with this new thing. It is so hard and just doesn't seem to be going down. I am still doing sitz baths and now I am icing it. Doesn't seems to have helped yet. I am so afraid of it getting bigger or starting to hurt. Or another one developing. I had botox 2 months ago now....
I see doctor tomorrow so that is good. I hope I don't just have to live with this thing because it is uncomfortable. Gives me the feeling that something much larger is up there.....
So you have one also and are just living with it? Just when I think things are starting to look up.......
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Apes » 21 Sep 2014, 18:38

Your description is exactly what I have. Sine I self diagnosed it as a sentinel tag I would be interest in hearing what your CRS says. Mine has gotten smaller. I think it will take a real long time to go away completely if it even does. Surely a pain in the ass but not painful. I'm happy. Good luck.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17