update!

infection

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

update!

Postby jlm1 » 22 Sep 2014, 19:06

Hi all,

So I saw the doctor and the good news is that she was able to do an exam (which was not possible last month) and she said she didn't see the fissure. Since she put my out the first time and knows exactly where to look, I figure she's looking in the right place. She was able to use the anoscope(i think that is what it is called) and it didn't hurt.

It is a skin tag. She thinks I may have an infection. She saw some puss. So I had to have some injections to numb the area and then she drained it a little. Sent me home with two different antibiotics, one of which seems to interfere with all the supplements I am taking so I am going to hold off on that one and call pharmacist in the morning. I am in a good routine in the morning of having a smoothie first thing with all my supplements. According to this antibiotic directions, I would have to wait 6 hours to take it and I need to take it twice a day. May seem silly but I have my morning routine down, am able to function at work and don't want to change it!!

She said that if the tag swells up again I will have to call her and she will have to put me under again to investigate further and drain. So I am hoping that this clears up on its own. I was told to continue with the sitz baths, ointment.

I am somewhat happy but skeptical as I hear so often of people re tearing.......and I know I still have to be super careful. Actually, I think I will have to be careful forever and that scares me that if I forget and let my guard down, I will pay dearly.
I guess I should be positive!! I knew something was not right!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: update!

Postby Apes » 22 Sep 2014, 20:16

Sounds pretty good. Not sure what the difference is between a skin tag and a sentinel tag. As for being careful, I think this has changed my life and I will always be careful. I think the skin around the fissure will be less delicate over time, or at least I hope. Glad you got a good report.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby msimon » 22 Sep 2014, 22:29

That's great news. Too bad about about the infection though. I wonder how that happened? Hopefully your meds will work and you'll be good as new very soon. Just wondering, do you take probiotics? If not, they are good to take for the immune system and especially help with preventing diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby jlm1 » 23 Sep 2014, 04:47

Yes, I recently added probiotics! Not sure how this happened and neither is doctor. I think a skin tag and sentinel pile are the same thing.
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Sakura1 » 23 Sep 2014, 12:47

Really pleased that you were able to have the exam with no pain. That is a great step in the right direction :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby cracked82 » 28 Sep 2014, 18:39

This sounds very similar to my symptoms. I have a skin tag next to a posterior fissure that I've had 12 months now. It sometimes swells up to the size of a pea, goes really very sore and eventually bursts and drains (not lots but enough for it to reduce the swelling). I also sometimes have a bit of pus.

I've been offered botox as a next step to getting rid of this fissure. Been told to try one last push of 6 weeks on diltiazem ointment and fybogel and then if no success, going for the botox. Just want to get back to normal now. So jealous of my partner's simple number 2's, no pain, no burning, no feeling "unclean", no ointment to apply, no remembering to take the fybogel, no worrying that what you've eaten is going to make tomorrow's BM a painful one! Oh what bliss!
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4